We are looking for inspirational tutors around Merseyside to support children and young people with SEND. Many children with SEND have been disengaged with their learning. We support pupils that have struggled to stay in the classroom, who feel too anxious to go to school or whose needs aren't sufficiently supported at school.
As a SEND Specialist Tutor, you must be able to create, plan and deliver 1:1 tailored lesson to bridge gaps in pupil's education and boost attainment levels. You may be an experienced tutor or teacher or have experience of working with children in a therapeutic way. One of your aims will be to support and re-engage a pupil in their learning, offer structure back into their daily routine, continue their educational development and return to school.
The tuition is replacing school for these young people and is normally part-time, taking place during school hours, five days a week. Prospero will work with you closely to monitor the progression with each pupil by asking you to submit weekly reports.
- Location - Merseyside
- Position - SEND Specialist Tutor
- Type of work - Contract
- Start date - ASAP
- Duration - Until the pupil is able to reintegrate into a mainstream/special school
- End date (if applicable) - N/A
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full-time/part-time - Part time (a minimum of 10 hours per week, per student)
- Minimum rate of pay - £25-£30 per hour (negotiable)
- Hours - Working hours can differentiate, depending on the convenient timings of the family
Experience, Training and Qualifications of the SEND Specialist Tutor:
- QTS or equivalent
- Possess UK classroom teaching experience
- PECS/Makaton training preferred but not essential
- Be creative, patient and willing to think outside of the box
- Have experience working with challenging behaviour and disengaged pupils
To be eligible for this role, the potential SEND Specialist Tutor must:
- Hold the right to work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child-related references.
To find out more or apply for this SEND Specialist Tutor position, please send your CV to
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.