Are you looking for a new opportunity within a factory environment? Read below to find out how you can join us as a Production Operative.
A rapidly expanding successful group that encompasses all aspects of the meat trade is recruiting Production Operatives to join our nightshift at our site in Irlam, Manchester.
Our business, which is a catering butcher, has over 100 years' experience in the meat and farming industries. All products are prepared in the factory daily each customer's specifications, packaged and labelled to and above legislation, and then delivered direct throughout the UK.
We pride ourselves on being a people-focused business. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope, and pace of change.
Our culture is the foundation of our business and is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values statements.
The purpose and main responsibilities of this Production Operative role is to work in the operational sections of the factory as part of a team to ensure that the production plan is achieved and dispatched in line with the Company Quality System.
Key Production Operative duties and responsibilities:
- Follow company policies, procedures, and standards
- Adhere to Food Safety Regulations
- Inform the relevant management about to any problems in achieving the company production requirements to the company specifications
- Report and help the relevant management concerning quality issues
- Ensure that all company documentation and records are completed as required by the Company Quality System
- Be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others involved in their working area
We welcome applications for this Production Operative role from candidates with any of the following skills: Production, Factory, Catering, Time Management, Teamwork, Data Entry, Organisation, Day Shift, Night Shift, Health & Safety, Food Safety Regulations, Reporting, Document Control, Production Operative. Benefits
- Staff sales
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee of the month bonus
- Birthday vouchers
- Free health checks
- Nights - working Monday to Friday 19:00-05:00
- Immediate starts available
No formal qualifications are required for this role and full training will be provided. Desirable Skills
- Experience of working in a factory, production, and sausage production would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given
- You should have good numeracy and literacy and be able to work individually and as part of a team in a very busy environment
- You need to be able to work to tight deadlines
Our business supplies to customers including hotels, restaurants, public houses, the education sector, outdoor events, and food manufacturers. We also provide national distribution via our own fleet and transport partners.