Apply for this job now
MOWC Farm Technician
- Orlando, Florida
- Job Type
- 7 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
The Marriott Farm Technician reports to the Marriott Farm Manager and is responsible for the efficient completion of daily tasks pertaining to the production, harvesting, packing, and system cleaning of one of Kalera's controlled agriculture growing facilities.
Kalera's HyCube facility is a state of the art vertical farm located on the Marriott Orlando World Center property. This facility offers high quality lettuce to the Marriott and local restaurants using state of the art hydroponic growing techniques. Kalera is looking for an energetic, passionate, and enthusiastic new employee to join the team operating the Marriott HyCube farm. This position is responsible for maintaining the production and show readiness of this customer facing facility. This is a Full-Time position 35-40 hours per week, open availability and flexibility to work weekends is preferred.
The Marriott Farm Technician will work with the Marriott Farm Manager to ensure the day to day tasks at Kalera's Marriott HyCube facility are completed accurately and efficiently. These tasks include all growing related activities, packing activities, and facility cleanliness.
• Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the assigned daily tasks pertaining to successfully operating the Marriott HyCube facility.
• Growing tasks include seeding, transplanting, and harvesting of lettuce plants.
• Scouting to ensure healthy plant growth
• System cleaning and sanitation following every harvest and facility cleaning daily
• Follow all prescribed food safety policies and procedures.
• Work independently at times
• Harvest and package lettuce
• Ensure the facility is always looking "show ready"
• Comfortable with heights and learning to drive a lift to access the top levels of plants for harvest.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Degree in or studying towards a degree in biological sciences or equivalent is a plus.
• High school diploma
• Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of a 365 day a year operation which may be subject to weekends and holidays.
• Open availability Monday - Friday. This is a full time roll that will require weekend checkups on the farm.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Comfortable with frequent bending, crouching, standing, and reaching
- Job Reference: 706381919-2
- Date Posted: 7 September 2022
- Recruiter: Kalera
- Location: Orlando, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction
- Job Type: Permanent