Response Organisation is the largest mental health charity in Oxfordshire that has expanded across the Thames Valley and most recently into Wiltshire. Our mission at Response is to enable people of all ages to live a more fulfilled life by providing excellent mental health services, housing, and supported living.
Do you have the desire to help change lives and an interest in mental health?
Mental Health Senior Support Worker - £22,073 - £24,280 per annum, £11.47 - £12.62 per hour (Salaries vary depending on experiences)
Hours - 37 hours per week, Monday - Sunday, inclusive of bank holidays. Shifts include mornings, evenings, and weekends
Department - Iris Hayter House
Location - Littlemore, Oxford
What You'll Be Doing:
Iris Hayter House is a Care Quality Commission registered care home. The team provide care 24/7 for older adults who are diagnosed with enduring mental health needs.
Overall job responsibility. Some of the core duties include:
- supporting, encouraging and prompting residents with their medication and personal care
- leading and coordinating the shift ensuring that residents are supported accordingly
- communicating regularly with internal and external professionals
- delegating appropriate responsibilities across the team
- taking part in a range of activities during key working sessions with residents whilst helping them to achieve their aspirations
- promoting and encouraging both physical and mental well-being
- update and maintain records electronically
The Successful Applicant:
Our main priority for all our roles at Response is to find people that can live our values every day - Caring, Safe, Creative and Aspirational. Essential criteria:
- A good understanding of different types of mental health illnesses and the level of care some residents may require
- GCSE Maths and English, being IT literate due to the volume of paperwork required to be kept up to date
- Good organisational, communication, written and verbal skills and can work calmly in difficult and challenging situations
- Experience of working within a team.??
- Experience within a care or mental health settings is desirable, but not essential.
What We Offer:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Blue Light card and other discounted shopping
- EAP - with access to free counselling
- Cycle to Work Scheme (after probation)
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Flexible and agile working opportunities (role dependent)
- Professional qualification sponsorship and study leave
- £500 refer a friend bonus scheme
- Optional health cash care plan with money off prescriptions and treatments
- Wellbeing hub and mental wellbeing support app - approved by NHS
- Free flu jabs
- Free DBS application
You will receive the training and confidence to use core therapeutic talk therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Strength-based Trauma Informed Care and Mutual Aid to provide the best possible support to our clients.
If this Mental Health Senior Support Worker position sounds like the role for you then please apply today! Part time hours considered. We would love to hear from you! This vacancy may be closed early. To learn more about Response and what we do, please visit our website: Response - Mental Health Care & Support.
Our employees and clients come from all over the world, we proudly promote a friendly and inclusive culture and are registered as a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All our roles require an enhanced DBS check, two references from most recent employers and you must have the right to work in the UK.