- Provides patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Collaborates and communicates with the healthcare team to implement the plan of care.
- Provides a safe environment for the patient.
- Participates in professional development.
- Nurse, Licensed Practical (LPN)
- Graduate from an approved school of licensed practical nursing. Previous nursing experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Clinically appropriate skills. Ability to cooperate and work well with internal/external customers. Communication skills. Meets Advocate behavioral expectations. Ability to accept delegated tasks.
- Current licensure in the state of Illinois as a Licensed Practical Nurse. * BLS
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening diseases. Ability to perform lifting/transfer activities related to patients (up to 50 lbs. may be required). Ability to work various shifts any day of the week, including holidays.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Addendum: Unit/Department Specific Accountabilities Assuring/Improving Quality Care a)May require assisting other departments in the hospital to provide quality care as needed. Education/Competency ED- ACLS is required within 6 months of hire
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.