We are a locally owned and operated pioneer in the natural foods industry
since 1969! We offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, a
huge selection of bulk goods, a diverse and class leading selection of
vitamins, supplements, and cosmetics and much more in a fun, friendly,
welcoming environment. This is an exciting time at Staff of Life as we are
growing and opening our second location in the first quarter of 2020, and
we'd like you to grow with us!
In addition to a rewarding career in a growing business, Staff of Life
offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These
- Competitive pay
- 15% employee discount for you on purchases made at Staff of Life (some
- Flexible schedules
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical and dental (employees
can pay premiums with pre-tax dollars)
- Paid vacation
We are seeking a professional Meat Cutter to help us expand and improve our
position as a destination for premier natural meats!
Perform duties related to the cutting, preparation, display, and selling of
meat products. Provide efficient and courteous customer service.
- Break down beef, pork, lamb, and poultry products into retail cuts.
- Prepare specialty merchandise including sausages, ready-to-cook
products, and cured meats.
- Ensure all cases and shelves are clean and well-stocked.
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of
- Model and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price meat products for sale.
- Receive, unload, and put away product delivery.
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and
stocking of product.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and
Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Break down beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and seafood products into
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products,
core values, and company philosophy
- Knowledge of proper knife-handling and use of other cutting equipment
- Excellent cutting skills with the ability to break product down into
sub-primal and retail cuts
- Extensive knowledge of meat cuts and different cooking techniques for
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and
holidays as needed
- Adhere to all safety, health, weights and measures regulations.
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and a total
of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles per 8 hours.
- Be able to work inside a temperature controlled area
- Good vision is required for using sharp knives, band saw, grinder,
sausage maker, box cutter, wrapping machine and other equipment.
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically between 25 to
90 lbs., from 4" to 60", a distance up to 10 feet for 20 hours.
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets horizontally up to 500
lbs., requiring a force of up to 85 lbs., a distance up to 100 feet for up
to 5 hours.
- Be able to horizontally move racks of products weighing up to 70 lbs.,
requiring a force up to 25 lbs., for a distance up to 50 feet for up to 10
- Be able to move tables weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force
greater than 35 lbs., a distance up to 2 feet for up to 1 hour.
- Desired Work Experiences
- 2+ years meat experience
- Meat Cutting
- Team Oriented
- Customer Service Focus