Marketing and Communications Manager
Director of Marketing and Events
- Execute and plan marketing strategies to advance a strong image of the Chamber as a business leader in the areas of economic vitality, community advocacy and business support within the Boulder community and on a regional basis for select issues.
- Compose and prioritize content to ensure that members and prospective members are aware of the Chamber's programs, services and events with dual goal of conveying the value of Chamber membership and generating and enhancing revenue for the organization. Manage communication calendar and efforts of all Chamber business units including the BEC, BTC, Events, Sales, BYP, Advocacy, Boulder Together, Boulder Chamber Foundation and Member Services.
- Provide research and data analysis capacity in support of our strategic communication initiatives.
- Monitor expenditures and foster good relationships with external marketing vendors to ensure all operations are within budget.
ResponsibilitiesMarketing and Communications
- Responsible for developing and maintaining internal marketing and communications calendar, policies, templates, systems and procedures for communications across departments
- Plan communication efforts with the Boulder Economic Council, Events Team, Advocacy Team, BTC Team and Member Services within the Chamber
- Develop key marketing campaigns and messaging across departments, and evaluate campaign results for future improvements
- Integrate data and research into collateral materials, including websites, and customized reports
- Recommend technology platforms for marketing and communications strategy implementation
- Collect and track analytics data for social media, newsletters and website to compile into reports for analysis
- Work within ChamberMaster database and Constant Contact system to maintain contact lists for targeted communications
- Evaluate the branding and marketing copy for events and update as necessary
- Develop a deep understanding of the Boulder Chamber audience and assist in supporting communications across the full customer journey
- Manage and track budgets and trade agreements
- Drive unique content for the Boulder Chamber, establishing our voice in social media, newsletters, emails, marketing materials and on the website
- Work with key members and community partners to receive and distribute information, including events, news, and programs via the Boulder Chamber communications channels
- Manage production of weekly newsletters created by Marketing Coordinator for distribution to entire Boulder Chamber membership and segmented groups
- Write and distribute press releases as needed
- Work with event staff to produce website content, newsletter articles, social media posts, emails, flyers and other marketing pieces to publicize events and special programs
- Update existing marketing materials and lead creation of new designs in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop for digital and print distribution.
- Design event programs for distribution at signature events based on direction of event and program staff
- Responsible for managing print and digital ad schedule, as well as working on ad design and messaging
- Implement brand standards and templates across departments
- Develop and maintain messaging and content for social media channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Manage organic social media strategy, implemented by Marketing Coordinator
- Create and manage paid social media ad campaigns
- Assist departments in developing new ways to engage members and others in the community through social media platforms.
- Track marketing channel metrics, including website usage, newsletter open rates and social media engagement
- Other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor's or Associates degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred, but not required
4+ years of experience in marketing, communications, journalism or related field preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent ability to generate original content as well as provide editing of content from subject matter experts in a timely fashion. Strong grammar and attention to detail.Graphic Design -
Ability to create and use graphics, typography, graphs and images to communicate an idea for use on websites or in print.Campaign Management -
create, plan, manage and execute multiple large campaigns including budget and vendor management, and evaluating results afterwardsProject Management -
Managepriorities, processes, contracts, timelines, and task deliverables across a variety of overlapping projects. Organization and Multi-tasking
- Be able to organize in a thorough and detail-oriented way to carry out various tasks in a fast-paced environment to meet multiple deadlines.Public Relations - k
nowledge of strategic communications approaches, proactive and reactive, and local channels in support of maintaining and cultivating the organization's public imageMust be able to interact well with others, and support Boulder Chamber's priorities around diversity and inclusivity
Must be comfortable using technology and learning new systems
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of the Boulder Chamber team, including management of marketing team members
- Bilingual/bicultural applicants encouraged
Must be able to work efficiently and effectively
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Very strong skills in Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficient in WordPress and Constant Contact or similar platforms, as well as basic knowledge of SEO
- Proficient in social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram
- Proficient or willing to become proficient in various databases, contact management, event management, customer support and content management software and systems used by the Boulder Chamber
- Accurate, thorough and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to carry out various tasks and meet multiple deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality
- Professionalism in appearance and actions
Position requires flexibility to work occasional early morning and evening hours for meetings and events. This is a hybrid role and will require some in office and work from home.
Typical Physical Demands
Operate normal business office equipment. Must be able to travel efficiently to off-site meeting locations throughout the Boulder area.
$50k - $55k depending on experience, plus annual bonus opportunity up to an additional 20%.
Strong employer benefits including subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, LTD, STD, generous paid vacation, 401k matching.