Manages the operations of the quality department and is accountable for achieving leadership targets within determined scope of responsibility for quality, team member engagement, financial and operational performance. The focus of this role will be the ambulatory sites in the North & Central WI PSAs. Manages and develops a team of Quality Improvement professionals to ensure quality and cost metrics are met for prioritized internal and external partners including those required or rewarded by government and payer relationships. Leads and supports the implementation of quality improvement initiatives for AAH primary care practices/clinics. Applies project management, quality, and safety improvement frameworks, methodologies, and tools, evidence-based and/or best practice, and statistical theory and tools for data analysis. Upholds all AAH Leadership Behaviors while performing responsibilities.
Position is hybrid; remote with some regular travel in the region.
- Provides direction to a team of professionals to ensure a high-level of competency, productivity, and accountability that supports the achievement of strategic priorities within established timelines.
- Leads the creation and implementation of the improvement plan for their assigned Patient Service Areas. Oversees the implementation of improvement plans developed by team members for their assigned clinicians / clinics / practices. Uses sophisticated analytical thought and data to guide problem solving and identify innovative solutions. Applies AAH quality and high reliability improvement frameworks, methodologies, and tools, evidence-based practice, and data analysis to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Leads the development and adoption of processes and mechanisms for accurate quality data collection, analysis and reporting. Reviews and analyzes quality data for accuracy, patterns, and trends.
- Keeps current on external reporting programs, associated measures, and best practices in order to ensure internal priorities align with external environment and demands.
- Provides leadership and consultative services to assigned areas. Collaborates with other department leaders in an effort to optimize quality improvement processes and meet quality and assigned risk contract goals. Promotes cross-departmental communication, collaboration, and performance improvement. Serves as a resource and mentor to colleagues with less experience.
- Manages and leads multidisciplinary quality studies for clinical improvement. Identifies opportunities for improvement, makes recommendations for change, and leads the implementation of evidence based and best practices to meet established goals.
- Ensures all key stakeholders receive consistent communication about current quality performance, improvement opportunities and expectations.
- Drives development of improved Electronic Health Record (EHR) tools to support patient care and Quality improvement initiatives in collaboration with key functional departments and leadership. Ensures stakeholders receive education on appropriate use of EHR tools.
- Leads the development and maintenance of educational materials related to quality initiatives. Provides training/educational programs and in-services to team members as well as other clinical and nonclinical audiences.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff. Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Bachelor s Degree in Health Care Administration or related field, or
- Bachelor s Degree in Quality Management or related field.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in health care, clinical quality improvement, project management. Includes 1 year of supervisory experience in care management or quality improvement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Advanced knowledge of quality improvement methodologies (e.g. PDSA, Lean, Six Sigma, Juran, etc.), improvement planning and independent effective resolution of complex problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrated health care operations and value based health care models.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects across multiple venues and multiple geographies.
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills with ability to analyze complex data, make inferences, and validate conclusions.
- Excellent facilitation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad understanding of how Information System tools support quality improvement.
- Understanding of health care delivery system and dynamics within a large complex, highly matrixed environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office and ability to create reports, graphs, and other visual presentation materials, and effectively maintain statistical data.
- Ability to research and critique strength of evidence based and best practice recommendations.