In your role as a Maintenance Operative at HC-One, Kindness will be at the core of everything you do. It touches upon every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our Residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. By joining HC-One you'll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people.
As a Maintenance Operative that will mean making sure our Residents live in a place that's proactively inspected and brilliantly maintained at all times. You'll carry out audits and make sure records are kept up to date. And, whether you're replacing a tap or mixer valve, fitting a new extractor fan, repairing the timber on a bedroom window or putting up new wallpaper in the dining room, you'll do so with a sense of kindness above anything else.
Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
HC-One are looking for a Maintenance Operative with solid experience in maintenance, building, DIY, cleaning and housekeeping. You'll also need technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, as well as ideally some IT skills. And, whenever you communicate with a resident or co-worker, you'll be truly considerate and kind.
Well, after all, it's just in your nature.
We'll provide full training, so it's a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a Maintenance Operative we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
- Free uniform
- Homemade meal whilst on shift
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Group life assurance cover
- Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
- GP online - a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app - available to you and your children under 16
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- Colleague discounts - Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Wellbeing - free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Excellent recognition schemes such as 'Kindness in Care' and Long Service Awards
- Refer a Friend scheme (£250 per referral)
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family and we are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.