Our client is Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world - an industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of this organisation and they are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. Diversity makes sense for them, for their customers and for their future. They value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of their communities.
This Company is
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet their essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for their valued colleagues.
Are you looking to join a place of work where people are at the heart of the organisation, value diversity and inclusiveness, and encourage people to feel free to be themselves and succeed?
They have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join the team! Working within a production environment their Engineers are responsible for providing engineering support to the department and identifying any necessary parts and kit required for repairs, improving reliability and functionality of all Plant & Machinery within the area of the Business.
Day to day tasks & responsibilities:
- To provide engineering support to the department with regard to both Breakdowns & PPM.
- Responsible for identifying necessary parts and equipment required for repairs & improvements.
- To carry out both electrical and mechanical installations within skill set.
- To make rational and informed decisions with regard to breakdown solutions and completion of individual projects.
- To carry out Electrical & Mechanical repairs within scope of ability & requirements.
- Execute planned and unplanned maintenance activities to an agree standard, ensuring safe working always and carry out Reactive and Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure all site assets are maintained to a high standard, meet site requirements and are reliable.
- Use SAP to capture all maintenance activities (training will be provided).
- Attain the engineering standards across the site by providing functional support and expertise.
- To perform on relevant Engineering KPIs.
- Ensure a robust and clearly communicated safe system of work is applied for all activities that you undertake properly risk assessed.
- Ensure parts are booked out correctly to help control stock levels in stores.
- Be able to work effectively as a team not only with engineering team but also with production.
- To work safely at all times and adhere to all company Health & Safety Policies.
- To work in accordance with all company certifications.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualification & Experience
- Multi-Skilled Engineer with Electrical Bias.
- Experience of working within a Production or Service environment - preferably Print or FMCG (3 - 5 years).
- Demonstrable Electrical/Mechanical installation experience.
- Capable of using PLC I/O as a diagnostic tool.
- Good Team player but capable of working on own initiative.
- Familiar with current Legislation & European Directives as applicable to this role.
Ideal candidate will be someone who is self-motivated and calm under pressure, has a logical approach to problem solving (keeping safety a top priority at all times), is a realist - knows limitations, is innovative within their work sphere, has flexible attitude to working schedules and has thorough attention to detail in carrying out tasks.
In addition it is offered:
Competitive Salary based on candidates level of experience and knowledge25 days per year of holiday plus statutory Bank HolidaysPension SchemeEmployee Assistance Programme for Employee and immediate familyTraining & Development opportunities
This is a permanent nights role (hours are 21.00 to 06.00 Monday to Thursday).
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work as the Maintenance Engineer within Europe's leading corrugated packaging company, our client would love to hear from you! Please apply and attach a copy of your CV by the closing date of 6th October 2022.