For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
What we do:
The RCOE-RSG Reconciliations is responsible for supporting the Lead Manager ensuring that all reconciliations and reporting are completed in accordance with the bank's best practices, reconciliation policies and procedures, in order to provide a high quality service, minimise risk to the organisation and guard against any financial or reputational loss. Support and comply with bank wide regulatory CASS policy and procedures.
This involves using the reconciliation system Transaction Lifecycle Management (TLM) on a daily basis, to perform tasks and excel reporting. There is an expectation that they can learn and complete the daily functions required of the team as part of combined workflows, escalating to first point of contact when encountering issues, and work towards becoming competent in all aspects of the team /department. Each team member is required to look for efficiencies in developing processes, to provide a high quality service, be accountable for their own designated workload and minimise risk to the organisation and guard against any financial or reputational loss.
The successful candidate:
Leads a small team within the Reconciliation function responsible for performing in-depth analysis of reconciliations. Deciphers complex exceptions and performs root-cause analysis as to why the exception exists. Acts as the first level of escalation for complex or serious issues. Analyzes operational needs, contributes to the development and implementation of solutions. Leverages a strong understanding of tools to identify breaks. Synthesizes and analyzes team reporting of daily, weekly and monthly suspense and depository reconciliations. Leads regulatory reporting for small team. Interacts with supervisors and managers of other groups in the firm to address issues and recommend improvements. Tests new technology solutions or improvements for new and existing business needs and acts as a subject matter expert. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contributions, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Supervises a small team of Reconciliation staff. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
- 4-5 years of total work experience with at least 0-1 years in management preferred.
- Experience in brokerage/banking operations/ reconciliation processes preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)