Shawthorpe are currently seeking an experienced Lead Engineer to join one of the leading automation solution providers and systems integrator, based in Telford, Shropshire.
Our client prides themselves as a people business, who believes their strength and values come from the talented people who work for them. Everyone who joins are encouraged to develop new skills, grow in confidence and knowledge as everyone achieves their best. You could describe it as a challenge environment yet rewarding place to work, where everyone can feel proud of their performance and excited about a future together.
This position of Lead Engineer will be reporting directly to the Director of Engineering and Innovation. The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery of all engineering activities, contributing to successful project delivery and take ownership of the functional safety lifecycle within a project setting.
- Supervision of motivation of teams of engineers and external resources within a project setting, including the verification of deliverables in line with client expectations, legal requirements, and industry standards.
- Mentoring of graduate engineers, trainees, and apprentices.
- Collaboration with Project Managers to ensure quality delivery to budget and on time, including the identification and mitigation of project risks and technical change.
- Participation in the Engineering Management Working Group, contributing to the development of internal standards and practices with a focus of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Electrical / control concept design including Functional Design Specification, Safety Requirements, Single Line Diagram, Network Technology, Device Layout, Cause & Effect Matrix, Safety Black Diagram, etc.
- Software Design, including Software Design Specification and Production of Software / Configuration Deliverables, for example, PLC / HMI / SCADA / Robot / Drives / BMS.
- Ownership of the Technical Construction File
- Factory Acceptance Testing, Commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Any other reasonable duties requested.
Experience / Qualifications
- Apprenticeship or Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Mechatronics
- Minimum of 7 years within a similar role with team leading or management experience.
- Excellent understanding of control system design and implementation principles across both hardware and software.
- Great team player as well as the ability to work off own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Confident and pro-active with an organised approach to work.
- Situational adaptability and a good problem solver.
- Hands on attitude with an enthusiastic approach.
- Able to be relied upon.
Working Hours / Salary
This is a full time, permanent position and expected to commence as soon as possible. The work pattern will be Days on a Monday to Friday basis.
Salary of £60,000 to £70,000, depending on experience and a car allowance of £6,000 per annum, including a performance related bonus up to 10% of base salary.
- 25 Days holiday (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Bonus Scheme
- BUPA Medical Plan.
- Car Allowance.
- Pension Scheme.
- Life Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible working.
- Programme of personal development and training.
- Social and wellbeing activity programme.
- Bike 2 Work Scheme.
To apply please send your CV or call our team for further information.
"Shawthorpe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change."