Hailsham Chambers is a multi-award winning set which is frequently praised for its friendly and helpful clerking, the quality of its members' work and for its reliability. Home to around 55 barristers who are supported by a highly skilled clerking team, Chambers is highly regarded in each of its specialist areas. Chambers now seeks a motivated and highly personable Junior Clerk to assist Chambers in providing outstanding levels of support. This is an excellent opportunity for a school or college leaver to begin their career in clerking.
The PersonEducated to GCSE standard or above, the successful candidate must show initiative, enthusiasm and be willing to work in a pressured environment.
They should have strong organisational and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to communicate clearly with a range of people, managing expectations and workload. Previous experience of client-facing clerical or administrative work is desirable but not essential.
The RoleKey responsibilities include:
- Printing, copying and compilation of legal bundles that come in by post and email
- Dealing with general enquiries by telephone and email
- Accompanying barristers to Court and ensuring that papers and other documentation are safely delivered
- Dealing with external post and parcels and distributing incoming post and arranging courier deliveries
- Managing paperwork including moving boxes of documents, papers and deliveries around chambers
- Stock monitoring of catering and stationery supplies
- Preparing and clerking conference rooms
- IT support including monitoring paper and ink supplies
- Supporting marketing team with event administration and setting up for events
- Any other office-related tasks that may be required by Members of Chambers and the clerking team
- Work as a team with other Junior Clerks to ensure that all the necessary tasks are performed daily
The successful candidate will be required work full-time, in-person in our Chambers in London.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a busy and well-regarded team and play a key role in its continued development and success.