Do you have a passion for IT? Can you install software and hardware with ease? Are you looking for a hands-on IT role without the hassle of customer service?
This is a great role for someone who loves all things IT but isn't a fan of the technical support.
You'll be based in an intimate team within a 4PL facility in Manchester.
What You'll Be Doing
- Asset tagging of products and recording of the asset tags in MS Excel.
- Performing basic Bios changes to various models of laptop.
- Installing and upgrading hardware components such as GPU, CPU, Memory, HDD/SSD.
- Retrieving hardware CSV files from laptops for Autopilot.
- Performing manual imaging of laptops and desktops through the use of windows PE.
- Performing pat testing on laptops and cables
- Installing hardware components into servers, running soak tests and providing images of the configuration.
- Hardware maintenance - Checking products for damage and testing these products and if necessary, raising a case to the relevant product provider.
- Ideally you'll have worked in a similar role before.
- It's essential that you are able to use the Microsoft 365 package specifically Excel, Teams, SharePoint lists and Outlook to co-ordinate work and communicate asset tag numbers to the relevant people.
- You'll be willing and able to work full time and on-site.
What You Get
- A salary of £21-25k DOE.
- Company bonuses based on performance.
Ideally, we'd like someone who is able to commence employment with immediate effect. If you think you fit the bill, please call Lucy at Bowmay Consulting now.