Job Title: IT Development ManagerTarget Start Date: ASAPContract Type: Flexible working optionsSalary Range: Circa £70,000 DOELocation:Remote with ad-hoc visits to our southern officesIT Development Manager:Ageas have a fantastic opportunity for a collaborative and articulate IT Development Manager to join our IT Department.We are looking for an experienced IT Development Manager, who will be managing and coordinating a team of IT developers who provide design and build services and the implementation of business solutions that enable user departments to meet their business objectives. The IT Development Manager will support and deliver complex development projects, ensuring that that all systems development activity is compliant with audit, security, and regulatory requirements.As an IT Development Manager,you will have extensive experience of managing a team of technical people.
The role will be based in our Eastleigh office, however only ad-hoc visits to the office will be required. Main Responsibilities as Development Manager:
- Provide management and leadership to the IT Development team, managing and coordinating a team of IT developers who provide design and build services and implementation of business solutions that enable user departments to meet their business objectives.
- To support and deliver complex development projects, ensuring that that all systems development activity is compliant with audit, security and regulatory requirements.
- To play a role in the wider IT department, including strategy, cost centre management, budgeting, and risk management. To support R&D and innovation in the way we work.
- Drive efficient and effective delivery of infrastructure or development programmes to the agreed standards and in collaboration with programme managers, PMO and business stakeholders.
- Provide hands on project execution and support including requirements definition, design, issue resolution, quality assurance and procedural documentation, focused on:
- Business Requirement Gathering and Base Lining.
- IT Systems and Infrastructure Architecture.
- IT Supplier Integration and Alignment.
- Functional / Technical Designs
- Electronic Business / EDI
Knowledge, Skills and Experience desired as Development Manager:
- Experience in leading, managing, recruiting, developing and coaching high performing teams.
- High level of numeracy; able to understand, evaluate and interpret statistical data. Experience in budget and expense control management of budgets. Strong proven experience in analysis, design, and programming, including exposure to business systems and processes. Knowledge of software development tools in use at Ageas is required.
- Extensive experience in designing, leading implementation and monitoring IT programmes and initiatives in own area of expertise and in the context of organisational objectives. Experience in working with partners, suppliers and third parties, monitoring service and contract negotiation as appropriate. Project management experience, including leading multi-discipline and matrix project teams.
- Highly developed listening, communication, presentation and influencing skills, experience of managing in a fast-moving, high-volume customer service environment. Ability to explain complex IT concepts to all levels of customer.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the IT Development Manager role:
- Remote first working environment, meaning you can choose to work from home 60% of the time.
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holiday with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion, and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria).
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we're always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we're open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements.
Want to be part of a Winning Team? Come and join Ageas.