We are now hiring an Investments Business Development Manager to be responsible for regional planning across the South. You will be responsible for individual activity and development of new business to meet all agreed new business investment targets and requirements both off platform and where applicable support the sale of AJB investments on AJB InvestCentre in conjunction with existing regional business development managers and consultants. You will work closely with the investment team to maintain a high level of understanding of the investment offerings.
What does the job involve?
- Responsible for personal activity within the South regions in line with the role objectives, KPIs and targets
- Create and implement annual business plan including the proactive development of regional marketing strategies, roadshow support, investment breakfasts and 3rd party events
- Deliver the regional AJ Bell Investment target by working effectively with the AJB investments team, regional BDM and BDC, the Heads of Business Development and the Key Account team where appropriate and also with 3rd party platform BDM's that support the AJBI investment propositions across both funds and MPS.
- Sign up minimum required number of firms under agreed KPI's that start using AJB investments as part or all, of their CIP or funds selection process.
- Promote AJB "partnership" model where applicable.
- Build new relationships and maintain existing ones with a minimum number of meetings per week to meet agreed KPI's.
- Conduct regular meetings with the top firms in your region and provide a quarterly SWOT analysis to ensure we have a thorough understanding of their business and future changes that might impact their use of AJBI
- Complete and maintain meeting notes on all firms
- Maintain an active interest and knowledge on all inflows and outflows at all times, reporting back to Head of Sales as and when required
- Support AJ Bell Investments in the marketing and sales of funds, MPS and PMPS
- Attend monthly activity and performance meetings either on a 1-2-1 or regional basis to present the current situation in the region, performance to targets, activity and meeting notes and to discuss future plans
- Attend quarterly national sales meetings presenting a quarterly update on activity, business levels, future plans and successes that can be shared with colleagues
- Attend and support internal and external AJB events when required
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of AJB, AJBIC, AJBI and platform functionality including plans for future development to assist with sales demonstrations and identifying potential and future opportunities for business
- Actively support the regional teams and the Business Development department through training sessions and sharing knowledge, best practice and successes on a regular basis
- Work with 3rd party BDMs where applicable to drive new business on to AJBI
- Attend where applicable 3rd party events to promote AJBI funds and MPS
- Complete all SABA CBT courses within prescribed deadlines
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience in an IFA-facing sales/business development role
- A proven network of adviser firms
- Investment platform experience
- SIPP and Investment (MPS and OEIC) sales experience
- Understanding of the AJ Bell Investcentre platform and investment proposition and products (highly desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority.
- Ability to work with people outside of the AJB group to promote AJBI with 3rd party providers
- Effective planning, organisation and time-management skills.
- Qualified to Diploma level in Regulated Financial Planning (or Level 4 equivalent) - Desirable plus have or be working towards IMC
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Full UK driving licence
AJ Bell is one of the UK's largest and best-regarded investment platforms. Over 432,000 customers currently trust us with their investments, and by continuously striving to make investing easier, we aim to help even more people take control of their financial futures. From our offices in Manchester, London and Bristol, we offer an award-winning range of solutions that caters for everyone, from professional financial advisers, to DIY investors with little to no experience.
There are opportunities for growth and professional development for members wanting to progress within their career including induction training and our study support scheme which is part of our benefits package.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of teamwork, we have a great sense of pride in what we do, and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary
- Generous holiday allowance increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Remote working policy
- Casual dress code
- Discretionary annual sales bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Buy as you earn share scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme with length of service
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- On-site gym and personal trainer led classes
- Paid volunteering opportunities
- Free social events and more