My client is looking to recruit an Inventory Controller to join their growing team and be part of something exciting.
The main purpose of the role will be to maintain stock levels in line with company expectations, ensuring maximum fulfillment of sales orders with the least amount of stock, liaising closely with buyers, finance, warehouse and sales teams.
The main responsibilities of the Inventory Controller will be as follows;
- Creating, Raising and Sending purchase orders to vendors using in house ERP system
- Confirming with Vendors receipt of purchase orders.
- Progressing outstanding purchase orders with vendors to ensure stock availability at all times and then updating arrival dates.
- Progression of shipping documents to ensure speedy clearance of imported goods.
- Payments for overseas suppliers relating to shipping documents.
- Maintenance of all Weeks Forward Cover times
- Maintenance of all Production Lead times across all items.
- Maintenance of all Shipping Lead times across all items.
- Organising Collection of goods within the UK with the Transport manager to ensure optimum stock availability.
- Warehouse to Warehouse stock transfers.
- Maintenance of stock in external storage facilities
- Working closely with Demand Planner to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Working closely with Board Directors to ensure optimum availability of stock.
- Working closely with Senior Sales Managers to ensure optimum stock availability for "key" accounts
- Working closely with the preferred agents to ensure the right stock is shipped at the right time.
- Liaising with senior buyers to ensure any product issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Liaising with internal and external sales personnel to provide detailed stock availability information.
- Familiarity with utilising ERP systems and master data maintenance.
Essential Skills and Experience Needed
- 3 years' experience in stock control
- Knowledge of import procedures
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Familiarity with utilising ERP systems and master data maintenance
Only relevant canddates will be contacted