Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Wakefield is one of the largest production facilities within Michael Foods. We serve as a flex plant and are able to produce everything from a whole pasteurized egg to liquid, dried, hardboiled and curds.
Do you like working with your hands? Troubleshooting? Knowing how things work?
Want to go to college for Robotics & Automation, Industrial Maintenance, Electronics, or Electrical?
Michael Foods, INC. has a great opportunity for you!
- Receive up to $7,500 per year towards your tuition, fees and books
- Receive tools to get you going, valued at $1,300
- Receive $1,000 Sign-on Bonus (payable over first year)
- Work Part-time in Wakefield to earn money while going to school (min. 10 hours/wk)
- Wage progression throughout your program
- Career progression after program completion
You get to choose where you'd like to take your college courses.
While on the job, you will work with seasoned Maintenance Technicians in a clean, food-manufacturing environment. Get involved with various duties from preventative maintenance to assisting with projects and troubleshooting issues.
Join an industry leader; apply for Michael Foods Business Sponsorship Program and grow your career!
Questions: contact Human Resources at 402.287.5014
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat, climb, walk and stand. Must be able to grasp and handle equipment and tools. Lift, push and pull up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in hot, cold, wet, noisy and dusty environments.
- Must be able to read and comprehend user manuals, SOPs, etc.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Must have basic math aptitude.
- Must be self-motivated, can work independently or in a team.
To qualify for the program, you must attend or plan on attending a local community college to study:
Robotics & Automation, E&I or Industrial Maintenance
*Company prior-approval of a different major selected, that may be silmiliar to those liested above, is necessary.*