The Indirect Tax Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the companys US and Canadian indirect tax function. The ideal candidate has well developed technical knowledge of e-commerce along with analytical skills and the ability to self-start in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position will be located remotely and will report to the Director of Tax Accounting and Compliance. What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Ensure full compliance of all US and Canadian indirect taxes, including sales and use and property taxes and similar taxes.
- Monitor, manage and communicate the impact of changes in indirect tax legislation related to Ziff Davis business activities including but not limited to e-commerce and telecommunications.
- Monitor, manage and communicate the impact, if any, of newly acquired companies for business activities that differentiate from Ziff Davis existing businesses.
- Manage relationships with US and Canada indirect tax authorities on behalf of Ziff Davis.
- Provide indirect tax support for tax planning projects and ensuring Ziff Davis company-wide efficiency and optimization projects are indirect tax neutral or accretive.
- Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits.
- Document and monitor indirect tax risk/management policies and Ziff Daviss compliance.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience, with a minimum 5 years of indirect tax related experience, including some international indirect tax experience.
- Big 4 public accounting as well as industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of US and Canadian indirect tax.
- Prior experience with the sales tax calculation and compliance software (Avalara, Vertex, Thompson Reuters, etc).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience with Oracle Fusion and Alteryx a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to interface across all departments
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- A proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities and meet tight filing deadlines.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal).