As the Import Operations Clerk you will manage the movement of products, equipment and materials to the UK in accordance with organisational policy & procedure, HRMC regulations & laws in a timely and efficient manner. This role involves Import Processes, Customer Service, Documentation / Administration and Compliance / Health & Safety.
- Ensure quotation requests from customers are responded to in a timely manner, providing required follow up and inputting into the company system if the quotation comes to fruition.
- Investigate and implement the most cost-effective dispatch of each shipment in accordance with the customers' instructions.
- Answering and returning customer emails and calls in a timely manner and to agreed standards.
- Locate and track shipments and respond to customer enquiries.
- Maintain and manage records of shipments in and out of the Heathrow ETSF facility in compliance with AEO, UK Customs Law, IE NCTS, ETSF Records, C88, Dangerous goods, International shipping and company organisational policy & procedure.
- Ensure each file is closed down and put away in a timely manner with all supporting paperwork contained.
- Meet all Statutory Requirements for the Aviation industry.
- Ensure adherence to company Quality Management System processes.
To be successful in this role of Import Operations Clerk we would love to speak to anyone who has experience of:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Customs entries
- Knowledge of CargoWise
- Industry relevant network
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills to be able to assess complex data quickly and propose solutions to satisfy both the customer and company objectives.
ACS are recruiting for an Import Operations Clerk. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be an Import Operations Clerk, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as an Import Operations Clerk. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as an Import Operations Clerk with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Import Operations Clerk role you desire.