- Appointment Scheduling/Desk operations/Telephone Communication
- 3)Desk Operations (Mammography reports): Reads and verifies accuracy of mammography and breast ultrasound reports. Verify accuracy of patient result letters. Corrects or has radiologist correct any inaccuracies in mammography or breast ultrasound report or patient result letter. Commits mammography and ultrasound reports to EPIC in a timely manner. Enters orders for additional imaging based on radiologist recommendations. Verifies that all patients with a recommendation of Bi-Rad 0 has an order entered.
- 4)Telephone communication: Answers the telephone promptly within 3 rings. Utilizes outlined departmental and clinic scripting/key words. Restates information to ensure clarity and accuracy. Transfers calls when appropriate, staying on the line and announcing where and why call was transferred. Exceptions to announcing the call would include when transferring to an ACD agent. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers. Receives/prints orders and calls patients to schedule PET Scans. Reviews the diet instructions for PET patients at the time of scheduling. Print documentation needed for Medicare patients and faxes to Shared Medical Services, along with FDG order for the upcoming appointment day.
- 1) Appointment scheduling: Accurately and appropriately schedules appointments for patients in Radiant system according to order. Collects required information from patients when scheduling and/or canceling appointments. Instructs patients on necessary preparations when booking appointments. Schedules interpreter for patient appointments in IDX when needed. Cancels and reschedules patients as needed.
- 2)Desk Operations: Responsible for start and end of day duties, and assures control sheets are available for appointment. Acknowledges/greets patient even if on the phone. Checks patient in and verify 2 patient ID. Arrives patient print control sheets and places paperwork in correct location. Gives patient appropriate paperwork to fill out. Advises technologists/BHC when a change is made. Upon arrival notifies patients of anticipated wait time. Maintains awareness of patients in waiting area and updates them on wait time in a timely manner. Requests order changes as needed, following department guidelines. Takes phone calls for add on exams and verifies with technologist if exam can be done. Assists with film release. Handles department requests for exams/folders when necessary.
- Assisting technologist/patient
- 3)CT/MRI Aide: Flips CT and MRI exam rooms in a timely manner. Escorts patient to dressing room. Verifies that MRI patients have had pre-screening x-ray complete. Obtains lab values day before appointment to verify that patients are pre-medicated if needed. Calls for outside previous reports and films. Performs testing for GFR and enters the results in patients EMR. Alerts radiologist for call report and contact providers' office.
- 1)Exam preparation: Ensures that all jackets are available for next day appointments. Calls for previous outside reports and films for next day appointments. Verifies correctness of order. Assists technologists with lifting and escorting patients as needed.
- 2)Mammography Tech Aide: Takes patient to changing room and gives instructions. Pulls prior reports and arranges by date. Prints out physician's notes and biopsy results for diagnostic patients. Informs patients if technologists are running behind schedule.
- PACS/EMR and other software
- 1)CT MRI Aide: Pick up call reports and preliminary reports and faxes to respected locations. Enters outside films/images on CD for comparison into PACS. Completes PET request process website.
- 2)Mammography Tech Aide: Confirms and corrects facility location and patient ID from outside prior studies. Notifies the PACS administrator or assistant of any issues that they are not able to resolve. QC's/digitizes images in PACS. Enters prior dates and notes into PenRad. Starts amendment in PenRad for priors for radiologist. Completes critical result process in Epic.
- 3)Arrives, cancels and reschedules patients in Radiant. Demonstrates the ability to log into PACS. Retrieves/pushes in PACS. Able to navigate through patients chart and add notes. QC's/uploads images from outside facilities. Scans documents and reports. Know how to use the iPad interpreter.
- Ordering and Stocking
- 1)Orders supplies and inventory. Stocks rooms and maintains AOS standards. Verifies that supplies arrived, checks and updates monthly expiration log. Updates logs as required
- 2)Removes soiled laundry and restocks the dressing rooms.
- Professional Development
- 1). Contributes to the performance goals of the Radiology Department. Contributes when necessary in areas not assigned. Participates in mandatory education and in-service programs. Attends department meetings on a regular basis. Participates in orientation of associates. Assists others as needed. Participates in Quality Improvement. Consistently manages time and demonstrates resource management skills effectively to complete daily activities.
- 3)Provides direction and instruction to new staff in need of assistance
- 4)Completes direction and instruction to new staff in need of assistance
- 5)Completes required classes through ALEX
- 6)Attends and participates in meeting
- Other Duties
- 2)CT/MRI Tech Aide: Locks and secures all cabinets, contrast, IV, drug box, etc. Assist tech with lifting patients and escorting as needed. Take patients to and from changing room. Assists others as needed.
- 1)Mam Tech Aide: Removes jackets from tech room. Stocks supplies in radiologist office. Calls patients with results, reminder calls and assist others as needed.
- High school graduate. One year experience with direct customer contact and service. Experience in radiology department preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Functional PC skills Demonstrate potential to learn medical terminology
- Become CPR certified with in 90 days of employment.
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must maintain patient confidentiality Flexible in a changing environment Ability to lift and/or move patients Ability to work under stressful conditions Able to make independent professional decisions Requires excellent communication skills Must be self-motivated. Requires prolonged standing and or sitting.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.