Response Organisation is the largest mental health charity in Oxfordshire that has expanded across the Thames Valley and most recently into Wiltshire.
Do you have the desire to help change lives and an interest in mental health?
HR Officer - £28,000 - £33,000 per year pro rata (Salaries vary depending on experience)
Hours - 22.5 hours per week, worked between Monday to Friday, flexible and agile working opportunities available
Department - Human Resources
Location - Littlemore, Oxford
What You'll Be Doing:
Response is an ever-growing organisation that enables people of all ages to live a more fulfilled life by providing excellent mental health services, housing, and supported living. There are 6 of us currently in the HR and L&D team and we are looking for a HR Officer to join our friendly and supportive team to help deliver an excellent HR service to the organisation.
Overall job responsibility - You will be responsible for providing first line HR advice to the organisation with particular focus on the employee life cycle. You will coach managers whilst driving best practice that ensures compliance with the organisations policies, values and employment legislation. You will be visible throughout the organisation and spend time building relationships with managers and colleagues. Some of the core duties include:
- Be the first point of contact for all HR advice ensuring that queries are handled and resolved in a prompt manner.
- Provide confident and robust generalist advice, guidance and support to all managers in regard to HR policies and processes ensuring that processes are adhered to and understood, that they are in line with current legislation and best practice reflecting Response's values.
- Provide coaching and upskilling to managers regarding people issues including, but not limited to, disciplinaries, grievances, probations, absence management, flexible working and performance improvement.
- Work closely with the payroll function, meeting regularly and communicating any known changes to employment terms and conditions via the internal agreed process.
- Attend our services regularly and build relationships with all our colleagues.
- Update current policies and procedures in line with legislation changes and contribute to the creation of new policies.
- Maintain the HR System with any changes required in addition to the maintenance of the back end of the system including workflows and setting up new roles.
- Continuously strive to improve and streamline the HR service by regularly reviewing processes to ensure that they remain effective, efficient and in are in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
- Support the Recruitment Administrator with the full recruitment process including: advertising roles, maintaining the Recruitment System, issuing contracts and new starter documentation, right to work checks and DBS applications.
- Process new starters and leavers on the HR System and ensure all checks are complete
The Successful Applicant:
Our main priority for all our roles at Response is to find people that can live our values every day - Caring, Safe, Creative and Aspirational. Essential criteria:
- CIPD Level 3 qualified essential, level 5 desirable
- Experience of working in a HR generalist advisory role
- Experience using, updating and maintaining in house HR systems - 'Access' would be desirable
- Previous experience supporting and coaching managers and employees through low level processes - such as absence management/disciplinary/grievance/capability.
- A full clean driving licence with access to a car
- Experience within a care or mental health settings is desirable, but not essential.
What We Offer:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- EAP - with access to free counselling
- Cycle to Work Scheme (after probation)
- Enhanced family friendly leave
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Professional qualification sponsorship and study leave
- £500 refer a friend bonus scheme
- Optional health cash care plan with money off prescriptions and treatments
- Wellbeing hub and mental wellbeing support app - approved by NHS
- Free flu jabs
- Free DBS application
If this HR Officer position sounds like the role for you then please apply today! We would love to hear from you! This vacancy may be closed early. To learn more about Response and what we do, please visit our website: Response - Mental Health Care & Support.
Our employees and clients come from all over the world, we proudly promote a friendly and inclusive culture and are registered as a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our clients. All our roles require an enhanced DBS check, two references from most recent employers and you must have the right to work in the UK.