AboutMedStar St. Mary's Hospice, Callaway, Maryland
Hospice is a philosophy of caring for those with a life-threatening illness. The hospice philosophy holds that end-of-life care should emphasize the quality of life that focuses on patient and family-centered care and addresses the physical, emotional, spiritual and practical needs of the patient. Hospice services are provided in a variety of settings: home, nursing homes, assisted living centers and the Hospice House. The Hospice House of St. Mary's is located on 23 acres of wooded land in Callaway and is an attractive residence that serves as a place of dignity, comfort and peace. What's in it for me?
- Substantial comprehensive benefits (two medical plans, dental, vision, 403((b) retirement plan with matching, generous PTO, wellness days and 7 holidays, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, etc.
- Free parking for associates at all 4 hospitals
- System-wide nurse referral bonus program - earn up to $6000 per referral
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: this organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- Clinical Advancement Program (CAP): RNs with higher education and certifications have a chance to get more involved in shared governance, advance their professional expertise with presentations and earn moreon top of their base rate.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO): MedStar is an HRO. HROsthrive because their leadership takes charge of the culture, engages staff, promotes a culture of safety, and embeds continuous learning and improvement processes into the everyday lives of everyone within the organization.You can read more about HROs in healthcare here:
Professional care provider who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with various members of the interdisciplinary team. Minimum Qualifications Education/Experience
BSN preferred. Associate Degree from an accredited School of Nursing required; Bachelor's degree enrollment required within 6 months of start date and completion within 3 years.
1 year of RN experience. License/Certification/Registration
Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state or jurisdiction of the facility seeking employment, or Multistate Compact state or license eligible. CPR certification required by completion of introductory period. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Basic math skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills required.
Hospice Registered Nurse
Hospice RN About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.