You will assist Matco Tools franchisees with the hardware and software used to support a Matco Tools Franchise. These packages include the Matco Distributor Business System software package (MDBS) used by Matco franchisees and other software packages used by our Field Sales Managers such as Microsoft CRM, Office, and Outlook. You will assist new users and franchisees on the Matco Tools diagnostic subscriptions and services as well as Android OS support.
MDBS software is used by the majority of Matco franchisees for the management of customers, sales, and orders from Matco Tools. WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide Windows computer hardware and software phone support for Franchisees and Field Sales managers.
- Provide third shift computer operator duties on month ends, monitoring, and support operations of IBM I-Series system.
- Provide support for Matco diagnostic tools regarding subscriptions and Android OS support.
Measures of Performance
- Works with other members of the Help Desk to resolve end-user problems related to program functionality or data recovery.
- Works with members of the programming team to investigate problems or learn new features of the software.
- Works with associates in Customer Services and Commercial Financial Services to answer questions on MDBS features.
- Works with training department to explain inter functionality and processes during the development of training materials and documentation.
- Call service level: The live call service level is used as a measurement of performance.
- Problem resolution: Problems must be addressed in a very timely fashion to resolve complications that could potentially prevent a Matco distributor from conducting business.
- Customer focus: Support representatives should be customer focused, ensuring that customers receive accurate and timely information to get them back on the road quickly.
Personal Trait Profile
- High school diploma or equivalent
- This shift is weekly is 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM, Monday through Friday - Hybrid
- Mondays and Fridays are remote
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are on-site at Matco headquarters in Stow, Oh.
- Experience with MS-DOS commands and system files.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows releases Windows 10 and 7.
- Experience handling phone support for software packages and the ability to gather facts about problems.
- Ability to create documentation related to program functions, features, release bulletins, help system, training, and general documentation.
- Basic network troubleshooting wireless configuration and problem determination.
- Working knowledge of a relational database such as Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze problems to determine root cause.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keeps up to date with new technology and new language features.
Matco Tools is a manufacturer and distributor of quality, professional grade automotive equipment, tools and toolboxes. Over 13,000 products are sold to customers through franchise business owner/manager mobile tool operators. Matco employs approximately 600 associates in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada and reported record financial results for 2019. For additional information on Matco, please visit .
Since 1979, the mission of Matco Tools has been to provide professional mechanics and auto enthusiasts with all the premium tools, storage and equipment they need to get the job done, while also offering best-in-class service and customer support. The company's network of nearly 1,800 premier independent mobile distributors is focused on developing and maintaining trust-based relationships with its customers. Ranked among the top 50 in Entrepreneur magazine's 2020 Franchise 500. WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our six operating companiesGilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, Hennessy Industries, and DRB Systemsare united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontiers pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and sustainability worldwide.
"Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law."