THE COMPANY: Brewster Partners are delighted to be supporting a charity based in Sheffield to recruit a Head of Finance and join the Senior Leadership Team.
This is a superb opportunity to add value to an already outstanding organisation.
THE JOB: The role is number one in finance and will report to the Chief Executive and manage a small team within the finance department and will lead on procurement for the organisation.
You will be responsible for financial operations, ensuring high quality accounting, compliance, analysis and communication of information to the CEO, SLT and Board of Trustees in order to run the organisation effectively and responsibly.
This role will lead the finance operations of the organisation, ensuring that systems and processes are in place and functioning for the smooth running of the financial operations of the organisation.
You will improve the impact, you will be build partnerships, developing and maintaining strong relationships with all heads of department and their teams and add value to a small SLT.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for strategic planning and financial reporting processes, including annual budgeting and forward projections, monthly management reporting, quarterly forecasting and the production of annual statutory accounts
- Presenting monthly finance reports to the Chief Executive, SLT, and Trustees as required
- Ensure that regular monthly financial reports are available to all budget holders, supporting their understanding and management of budgets
- Analysis of financial information and reporting on financial performance including, but not restricted to, management accounts, cash flow, income/expenditure trends and cost centre analysis
- Ensuring that accounts are prepared to facilitate the annual audit and to liaise with the auditors in the preparation of the Statutory Accounts
- Ensure an effective system for recording, monitoring and reviewing contracts and insurance policies
- Continually monitoring costs across the organisation ensuring competitive tendering and price comparisons are employed wherever possible in order to drive down costs
THE PERSON: This is a fantastic opportunity for an ACCA/ACA qualified (or equivalent qualified) to join a fantastic organisation. You will need significant experience working in a financial management role and ideally have management experience.
This role will have exposure to internal and external stakeholders therefore experience of influencing and negotiating with a diverse range stakeholders will be essential along with experience of business planning, strategic planning and creating effective monitoring and evaluation of systems.
If you have experience of working in a Charity or Third sector organisation in similar position this would be advantageous.
THE BENEFITS: Great benefits
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, North West, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.