Business Solutions delivers business value through the management of traditional IT products including execution of change projects and owns the key relationships across business domains representing all IT service functions.
"Application Managed Service - AMS" delivers stable operational services in a cost effective and adequate manner for applications in scope and IT infrastructure including onsite IT and provider management. Clear focus on continuous application run optimization, standardization and automation.
As the Head of Subsection "AMS UK" in London you report to the Global Head of the Application Managed Service Section and you are responsible for delivering stable Application Managed Services (AMS) in a cost effective and adequate manner. You drive further optimization and standardization of the service offer and delivery to achieve additional efficiency and to enhance the AMS and Application Operation portfolio of applications in UK. For the operational duty the responsibility for major parts of the local AMS portfolio and the respectively associated team lies with you. Building and/or foster strong and reliable business relationships is key. Responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Disciplinary and functional management of a team of highly qualified and motivated staff and IT experts
- Full responsibility for all services in scope - in time, on budget and in high quality
- Driving of further transition / transfer of applications into the AMS model as well as industrialization of processes on a global level
- Working closely and coordinating with units globally.
- Constant monitoring of service costs and investigating consistent measures to cut the costs of these services
- Responsibility for the effective management of all service providers in AMS
- Service management: risk management, quality management, capacity management, staff management, demand forecasting and performance management
- Manage IT and operational risks relating to compliance, risk, audit and privacy/data protection, ensuring that system and process controls are compliant with applicable policies, standards and all regulations.
- Build, lead and preserve a highly motivated and high performing world-class team culture - think globally and act locally to promote teamwork within the UK and with the broader Global IT team
- Foster relationships with various business-side executives in the scope of your application portfolio and act as a first touchpoint for any kind of escalations regarding disruption of availability of these applications
- University degree in IT or business information management or equivalent qualification
- Team-building abilities and strong skills in the management of internal and external interfaces, also in an international context
- Highly developed leadership qualities and management experience
- Experience of leading change processes and excellent organisational skills
- Considerable experience in IT, preferably with sound knowledge of IT application development & application operation / run services and of managing international service providers, ideally in an offshore model
- Collaborative working style, creating a culture of accountability and sharing
- High level of service and client focus, a driver of operational efficiency and experience in stakeholder management
- Ideally excellent command of English and willingness to travel
- "Cultural awareness" and willingness to work in an international and diverse team
- Necessary gravitas to deal with senior business owners with an executive presence
If this sounds like you, please click apply and we will be in touch with more information.