To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and Technology Job Details
We often say that Slack refers to being the Searchable Log of All Communication and Knowledge. This role is responsible for that first letter, the capital S.
This is an individual contributor role. As the lead for Search, you will define the vision, set the strategy, and drive the execution for one of the core parts of our product. Youll also shepherd the experiences across the app that are powered by search infrastructure and machine learning.
Search is a wide-reaching aspect of Slack, and it is the backbone of many surfaces beyond the search results page. When youre mentioning someone, when youre choosing which channel to send a message to, and when youre trying to pick just the right emoji Search is making that as delightful as possible. Search is also a platform built on by other teams at Slack, so youll be building both for our users but also for our partner teams.
As you lead Search to be continuously better and more valuable for our users and other teams at Slack, you will be looking across the entire user journey and tech stack, including:
- The UI and UX of searching across the varying places search is used
- What tools and features were providing users in the search experience
- The UI for showing search results and the ranking that defines what we show
- The infrastructure that drives the results and the machine learning on top of it
- New opportunities for Search to create value for our users
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello? What you will be doing
What you should have
- Developing the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for all aspects of Search and all the surfaces it powers through a deep understanding of our users and industry trends.
- Defining new and valuable areas of opportunity for Search to expand in order to better serve our users needs.
- Bringing clarity to ambiguous and large problem areas through effective hypothesis testing, using both qualitative and quantitative signals.
- Thinking through designing Search as a system a feature that is used on its own, and one that powers experiences built by other teams.
- Leading cross-functional teams aligned on key goals to drive value for our users and deliver a cohesive product.
- Working closely with large and small, new and tenured customers to understand their needs at all scales.
- Balancing fast-paced iteration and execution with a diligent and lasting focus on long-term impact. This means close partnership with design, engineering, and research teams to ship well-crafted products in a highly iterative delivery approach.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $166,600. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Accommodations
- 8+ years of Product Management experience shipping simple, elegant consumer products at large scale. Bonus points for experience with ranking, discovery, search, or personalization.
- A passion about Slack, and for working on high-impact areas that are often in the executive spotlight.
- Experience defining and achieving success in broad and ambiguous environments.
- The ability to telescope from strategy down to the nitty-gritty details. You should be comfortable having a discussion on a long-term vision, and also be comfortable describing the technical trade-offs and limitations a team may hit at the feature-level.
- An interest in learning new things. Search at Slack is unique for a long list of reasons, so we expect you to come in with an excitement about ramping up about the challenges and opportunities.
- Strong analytical abilities that tie closely to an understanding of user needs and goals. Youre skilled with writing SQL and gleaning meaningful insights from data.
- Strong communication skills especially written communication. Youre able to clearly articulate complex information and decisions to audiences of all functions and sizes from executive meetings with our CEO and customer syncs to company all-hands and external events.
- You are a self-motivated teammate with the ability to work in a fast-paced environments with minimal oversight.
- Product sense and craftsmanship. You will own important product interactions with every Slack customer and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- A related technical degree required
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form () . Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc () . and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc () . and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc () . and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc () . or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.