The Lead Proposal Developer curates content and collaborates with business partners, subject matter experts and community-facing teams across the enterprise to build a strategy and translate that into comprehensive, winning proposals. The Lead Proposal Developer works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial. Responsibilities
The Lead Proposal Developer is primarily responsible for managing the response to large group state or broker issued RFPs/RFIs, including full-scale project management, written narratives, and production necessary for final external delivery. Scope of work includes pre-bid strategy build, capture management, proposal submission, follow-up and finalist presentations, protest consideration, and post-award debrief/competitive intel gathering. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action. Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of complex proposal management experience
- Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Additional Information Work-At-Home Requirements
- Masters Degree
- Humana proposal support experience
- Experience with Adobe Pro and Visio
- Healthcare experience with Medicare as a plus
- Experience with FOIAs and competitive intelligence analysis
Scheduled Weekly Hours
- Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our