The GPU Architecture and Research Team is at the vanguard of cutting-edge 3D graphics technology, responsible for spearheading development of the next generation of high performance, feature rich and energy efficient GPUs for the ever-demanding consumer graphics market.
Modern graphics architectures achieve unprecedented performance and visual realism, in part thanks to sophisticated algorithms that maximize efficiency and/or quality by leveraging hardware acceleration of essential functions.
As an Algorithm Research Engineer, it is your task to discover, explore and develop these key solutions that further the development of the art and keep us ahead of the pack.
- Algorithm design, exploration and evaluation
- Mathematical conceptualisation and analysis
- Graphics API and standards interpretation
- Hardware implementation and optimization
- Software modelling and validation
- Specification and patent drafting
- 2:1 or above in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electronics or a related field
- Strong mathematical ability
- Programming confidence in at least C or C++
- Creativity, a thirst for knowledge and a passion for Computer Graphics
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills Advantageous Experience
- Real-time rendering techniques and algorithms
- Linear algebra, (functional) analysis, digital signal processing
- Digital hardware design