Our client, a multi-disciplinary Engineering Consultancy, is currently recruiting for an experienced Geo Environmental Engineer to join their team in Birmingham. They offer Civil and Structural Engineering services across the UK and overseas, working on many projects in the public, commercial, healthcare and residential sectors.
As a Geo-Environmental Engineer your role will involve:
- The organisation of ground investigations.
- Liaison with and management of sub-contractors.
- Preparation of risk assessments, method statements and Construction Phase Plans.
- On-site supervision of intrusive ground investigation works (including trial pitting, window sampling, cable percussive and rotary drilling, soakaways and other field tests as required).
- Collection of soil and groundwater samples as necessary.
- Preparation of exploratory hole logs and site drawings to relevant standards.
- Assessment of ground conditions and organisation of contamination and geotechnical laboratory testing.
- Debriefing exercise following completion of site works providing headline issues to senior team members and wider CCL design team where civil and structural input required.
- Preparation of initial draft Phase 1 Desk Study and Phase 2 SI reports.
- Client liaison during the organisation of investigation works and on occasions attendance of site progress meetings.
- Post fieldwork groundwater and ground gas monitoring.
- Soil and rock core logging experience.
- Ability/willingness to work away from home for short periods of time.
To be considered for the Geo-Environmental Engineer role you must have:
- At least 2- 3 years of experience in this role
- BSc/BEng or equivalent degree in Geology, Environmental Sciences, Geological Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering.
- UK driving licence.
As a Geo-Environmental Engineer, you'll be required to work full-time Monday - Friday.
Our client is offering the successful Geo-Environmental Engineer:
- Salary is dependent on experience
- Bi-annual performance-related bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Flexible pay scheme
- Death in service scheme and income protection
- Free eye test vouchers
- Medical service employee wellness program
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd, acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.