We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people's homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making-and our story is still unfolding.
We're here for it. We think you should be too. We're looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Furniture Sales Associate.
Crate and Barrel Furniture Sales Associates have a passion for helping customers see what is possible with the latest on-trend merchandise. They do this by building meaningful and long-term relationships with their customers, and use their comprehensive knowledge to guide and advise customers looking to furnish an entire room or simply add an accent piece. Our Furniture Sales Associates are up-to-date on the latest trends, and are trained to work with a range of design styles from classic to contemporary. In addition, Furniture Sales Associates utilize digital tools and technology during in-store and in-home consultations to show our customers how our furniture, fabrics and decor can bring their vision to life. If you enjoy working with customers in a competitive team environment, have a passion for helping customers with their home interiors and have a proven ability to drive sales, this position has the potential to offer you a creative and rewarding career. What you'll do:
- Support and maintain store sales (including furniture and housewares products) and service goals as communicated by Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service.
- Promote design services to our customers in order to elevate their shopping experience and distinguish Crate and Barrel from competitors. This may include In-Store Design consultations, In-Home Design consultations, and virtual design consultations.
- Support eCommerce through design chat, CSC training, and Centralized Design services as needed
- Maintain awareness of all systems, products and resources while selling throughout the entire store; supporting Crate and Barrel as an evolving omni-channel business.
- Demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Build rapport with customers by demonstrating product knowledge and the use of strong interpersonal skills
- Develop new and lasting relationships with customers through prospecting and clienteling
- Provide feedback, share observations, assessments and ongoing solutions with the Assistant Store Manager or Team Leader.
- Focus on promoting sales by maintaining a strong, visible and positive presence on the sales floor.
- Develop, share and apply furniture product expertise by staying informed of the marketplace and industry trends.
- Communicate regularly, effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts.
- Support teamwork by assisting in training and development of associates
- Possess a complete understanding and awareness of applicable company policies and procedures including loss prevention, security and safety guidelines as outlined in the Crate and Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide.
What you'll bring:
- Other duties as assigned, including non-selling work, as required
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to build/maintain a client base and provide creative furnishing solutions for customers' needs
- 6+ months competitive sales or interior design service experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- For all FT and PT roles: Availability to work days, evenings and weekends, including Saturday and Sunday in some weeks
- For PT roles: Availability to be scheduled 12+ hours per week (16+ is preferred), with a minimum of 8 hours and two shifts on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday