Our client is a high profile, privately owned, multi-site business based in Norfolk. Following a period of significant change this is an exciting time to join a market leading business in a role where you can make a difference and add value.
- Provide forward-focussed financial judgement to business managers across the business to support and direct financial decision making.
- Support divisional finance teams in reporting and explaining P&L performance.
- Discover, evaluate, explain, and aid delivery of opportunities to add long-term value.
- Be the financial lead for all new business activity.
- Provide support for Commercial, Marketing, and Product Development strategies
- Evaluate new product opportunities and modifications.
- Agree and approve promotional activity.
- Provide effective, useful reporting to support business managers in making sound commercial decisions, including, but not limited to, product profitability sensitivity analysis and opportunity cost accounting.
- Work with Financial Director and Managing Director to establish guidelines for pricing and margins (hurdle rates) across products, sectors, and channels for all new opportunities.
- Provide concept cost estimates and pricing proposals to evaluate the potential impact of new opportunities.
- Prepare Capital investment appraisal documents for presentation at board meetings to support investment proposals.
- Provide clear reporting of the cash and profit implications of all major new product proposals.
- Ensure latest purchase pricing is incorporated into commercial decision making.
- Agree and verify all price amendments prior to them being entered onto the business systems.
- Support Commercial team in formulating JBP proposals.
- Verify and approve promotion proposals and ensure they are included correctly in business forecasts and accounts.
- Ensure all liabilities to customers, overriders, trade spend etc, are correctly accounted for, forecast, and reviewed with commercial team on a regular basis.
- Maintain control over monthly reporting, budgeting, and forecasting of all Marketing and NPD overheads in accordance with the financial reporting timetable.
- Prepare, with the assistance of the commercial team, an annual trade spend budget.
- Review new production model BOMs and Yields, supply accurate labour consumptions for models, and ensure that new product launches, new variants, or new pack weights have accurate standards in the relevant business systems.
- Review, support, and facilitate quarterly meat standards updates and annual costing model update.
- Maintain accurate distribution rates in the relevant business systems.
- Build and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of business operational processes, and latest and forecast raw material costs.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Relevant business-partnering experience.
- Able to challenge assumptions and interrogate evidence to establish the truth.
- Inquisitive and tenacious.
- Able to explain complex costing / price concepts to a non-financial audience.
- Build effective partnerships with Commercial team members without sacrificing finance principles.
- Able to build and utilise a network of key contacts throughout the business.
- Able to see the wood for the trees.