Description UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital is seeking a Casual Food Service Cashier to support the Nutrition department! This position will work varying shifts between the hours of 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Hours are subject to change based on business needs.
This position is responsible for accurately registering all sales of retail customers while maintaining security of all monies in and around the cash registers through the work shift Responsibilities:
- Maintains work areas in clean and orderly condition according to HACCP guidelines.
- Collects money from cash customers and returns change accurately in accordance with established cash handling procedures
- Sets up cashier's station at beginning of shift and maintains funds appropriately throughout shift
- Records miscellaneous non-monetary purchases accurately
- Ensures food products are charged accurately by consistently checking the portion sizes and verify contents according to department procedure. Notifies supervisor/manager of any portion discrepancies immediately
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances: UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Work permit required if under 18 years old.
- Must possess ability to accurately count and perform basic mathematical functions Great customer service skills