- Assembles patient and mobile meal trays/meals in accordance with approved diet guidelines and portions while adhering to productivity standards.
- Loads and transports food carts. Delivers patient meal trays to patient rooms in accordance with established procedures.
- May provide initial service to visitors in the cafeteria by serving food and maintaining the cleanliness of the cafeteria. Responsible for operating cash register, handling cash and completing daily reports and cash register balance sheets as needed.
- Performs cleaning duties using established sanitation procedures in the kitchen and cafeteria. Washes pots, pans, and dishes according to established procedures.
- Assists with preparation, delivery, setup, cleanup and presentation of catered and specialized events. Assists with special days/promotions , including decorating. Displays daily specials for presentation to customers. Coordinates the food preparation and presentation of all major catering.
- Prepares snacks, beverages, sandwiches and other patient food items in accordance with standardized recipes and approved diet guidelines and portions while adhering to productivity standards.
- Prepares, arranges, serves and replenishes supplies of food, beverages and condiments in retail areas and kitchen. Prepares entrees, grill and deli sandwiches, and salads with an emphasis on food garnishing and presentation. Replenishes food service areas to include supply of dishes, utensils, glassware, napkins and trays.
- Delivers and stocks all nursing units, doctors lounges, same day surgery and emergency rooms, following established procedures while adhering to productivity standards.
- Monitors food temperatures and utilizes established procedures to ensure safe food handling techniques and prevent foodborne illness.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Basic knowledge in food service from within a hospital, hotel, restaurant or a related environment.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral communications.
- Good communication and customer service skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office or similar products. Ability to use e-mail and internet.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Operates equipment (i.e. dish-machine, tray line, garbage disposal, etc.) necessary to perform the job. Demonstrating ability to safely and effectively, utilize necessary power equipment.
- Stands walks and reaches above shoulders the majority of the workday as well as squats, bends, twists, kneels and climbs throughout shift.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 40 lbs. from floor to a maximum 5 ft.
- lift and carry up to 40 lbs. at waist height a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 20 lbs. of force.
- Working atmosphere also contains fumes, odors, and dust/dirt. floor, spices, etc. (Fumes are trucks, dust/dirt from storeroom or cleaning agents).
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical and chemical hazards. Protective clothing must be worn as necessary.
- May be required to enter patient isolation rooms wearing appropriate coverings during meal service tray delivery and pick up.
- Will be exposed to sharp knives, other sharp cooking utensils, heat from ovens and other hazards in a kitchen environment.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.