Are you a strong administrator with a financial background? Or are you an administrator looking to expand your knowledge? If so, this could be a great role for you!The General Ledger team are looking to fill a new position for a Fixed Assets and Lease Accounting Assistant. We are looking for an individual with reconciliation, ledger experience and Capital Accounting Experience. You will be responsible for your own allocation of clients and working closely with them on preparing and General Ledger control accounts for Fixed Assets and Lease accounting and ensuring the month end process is as smooth as possible. Part of this will involve supporting clients in processing Fixed Assets and Lease data on the third-party system and maintain/monitoring system configuration and interfaces between the General Ledger and Lease Accounting Systems.This is a hybrid working role with one day a week based in the Leeds office. Flexible working hours will be required to support the business and the team.What you will be doing:
- Preparing Capital Accounting Reconciliation Packs and investigating/reconciling differences.
- Monitoring and responding to Capital Mailbox, resolving queries, acting as appropriate and identifying any preventative measures.
- Carrying out WD1 - WD4 process checks and correcting any failures.
- Maintaining static data and system configuration in the 3rd Party Fixed Assets and Lease Accounting systems.
- Supporting Assistants, Analyst, Senior Analyst and product owner day to day and on monthly client calls.
- Comply with regulatory requirements where applicable and ensure that agreed timescales are adhered to.
What you'll bring:
- A solid understanding of basic Capital accounting principles, practice, and terminology as well as experience in working with General Ledger.
- Process Improvement experience
- Experience of writing training notes
- Good knowledge of Excel to intermediate level
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify improvements opportunities.
- AAT qualified or working towards
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we're looking for, please do apply, we'd love to hear from you!
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Commutable to Leeds
Security Clearance Level: BPSS
Internal Recruiter: Kayleigh
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the choice to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support different ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you're interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.Loved reading about this job and want to know more about Sector/Company?
NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) was created by the Department of Health and Social Care to deliver corporate services to the NHS. A unique joint venture with Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital services and software development, we make life easier for NHS employees, patients, and suppliers, and deliver value for money to the taxpayer. Proud members of the NHS family, we provide finance & accounting, digital, procurement and workforce services to more than half the NHS in England, and our solutions are underpinned by cutting-edge technologies and our teams' expertise, in-depth understanding of the NHS, and commitment to service excellence.
We share common values and unity of purpose with the rest of the NHS family, are committed to being a force for good, and are dedicated and empowered to act responsibly and sustainably at organisational, team and individual level.
Would you like to join us on our journey?