This growing private equity backed business just outside Birmingham requires an experienced Finance Manager to come on board during this busy period of change. The role is initially a 6 month assignment with the likelihood to go permanent.
This role will see you building a financial reporting function, provide meaningful strategic support to the commercial team for the business to facilitate better decision-making.
You will also provide similar types of decision support on how best to incentivise desired sales performance / behaviours based on trends from your analysis, driving change where required at different levels right across the business. In all instances, you will need to be able to gain buy-in quickly, challenge people appropriately and be strong enough (and tactful enough) to push your agenda for the overall benefit of the business.
Ideally, you will:
• Be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with demonstrable post-qualified experience in a similar reporting role - ideally within a private equity backed business
• Have extensive experience of providing financial support of a commercial nature to non-finance people - effectively managing these relationships for the benefit of the business (understanding the importance of challenging and 'pushing back' when needed)
• Possess excellent analysis skills, enabling you to quickly extrapolate insightful trends and patterns for large amounts of raw sales & performance data
• Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through cost-saving initiatives and general business / reporting improvements
In return, you will:
• Work in a senior capacity for growing & commercially focussed business, enjoying complete autonomy in your role - organising your own workload and generating / leading your own projects
• Build your commercial & business acumen by directly supporting decisions at the front end of this fast-paced business
• Work with several high-profile commercial people (both in finance and non-finance) to help you build your overall experience / profile
This reporting focussed senior finance role is a great position for a talented, technical, qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in a growing and ambitious business.