Salary: £20,277 pa + Benefits
Contract: PermanentHours: 37.5 hours
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy, highly valued team in Cardiff on a permanent basis, as a Finance Assistant. As an important part of the Team, you will support the business in the smooth running of the Legal Cashiering department, helping to ensure compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules and other legislative standards.
You will work closely with colleagues in our specialist legal teams, helping to ensure the Company delivers on our promise to every client of an excellent standard of client care. You will be responsible for processing financial transactions relating to client files in an accurate and timely manner, while at the same time maintaining compliance with the Solicitors' Accounts Rules.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who's looking for their first step into finance with opportunities to progress over time within a fast paced, evolving Finance team. Here at NewLaw we take pride in our culture of encouragement and rewarding professional development - as your knowledge and skills develop, there are numerous opportunities and career pathways open for you.
What does a day in the life of a Legal Cashier look like?
- You will be working across multiple companies and case types within agreed SLA's.
- Logging cheques received into the company including sending out any addressed to a third party.
- Liaising with the case handlers to resolve any unactioned cheques.
- Producing cheques requested by case handlers for payments out to clients and suppliers.
- Recording payments received electronically onto the correct client ledgers.
- Processing disbursements - manually and via csv uploads.
- Processing bills raised by case handlers.
- Taking cheques to the bank.
- Processing write-offs.
- Other ad-hoc accounting tasks.
- Able to perform role to a high standard of accuracy, demonstrating good attention to detail.Team player
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates a pro-active attitude.
- Understands the need for client confidentiality.
- Confident communicator both in person and in writing
- Good IT skills, specifically Excel
- Experience within a law firm or similar environment is desirable but not essential.
In return we offer:
- Salary of £20,277 per annum.
- Annual leave- 21 days holiday allowance rising by 1 day on each year service (Capped at 27)
- Pension- 3% Employer Contributions.
- Financial Benefits- save-as-you-earn scheme, free life assurance and a range of national and local retailer discounts.
- Lifestyle & Wellbeing Benefits- eye care vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with an NHS Approved mental well-being mobile app.
- A "Recommend a Friend" bonus scheme.
- On-going learning and development opportunities.
- City Centre location, with easy access to all local shops, restaurants, and only short walk from Cardiff Queen Street train station; and
- A professional, fun, flexible and engaging working environment.
Why would you want to work with NewLaw?
NewLaw is a leading specialist law firm and part of ReddeNorthgate plc . NewLaw is ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners for three areas; Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and Private Client services.
Established in 2004, our fresh approach to managing personal injury claims has made us a major force in the sector. Our teams of specialists provide a service that 95% of our clients would recommend.
Be part of our future
If you would like to take your first step into finance and build your career with us, we encourage you to find out more. Apply today!