Are you a part qualified accountant with month end experience? Are you interested in joining a business going through a period of high growth?
If so, we are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our clients team on an initial interim basis. They are looking for the role to go permanent from the start of April 2023.
The role will report directly to the Head of Finance Business Partnering and will be responsible for various accounting, forecasting and reporting ativities related to the projects and commercial side of the company, as well as business partnering with various units across the business - both finance and non finance.
- To act as a business partner to project/programme managers: prepare budgets and monitor forecasts of internal and external spend on an ongoing basis in conjunction with budget holders, ensure accurate forecasts are maintained on project models with due consideration of risk and opportunities
- Responsible for accurate reporting of project performance, including project accruals and month end reporting
- To prepare supporting information for grant claims, audits, and steering meetings
- To ensure invoicing is undertaken in a timely manner and monitor outstanding debtors
- To establish correct revenue recognition for different projects and communicating the implications
- To assist all finance teams in their P2P processes and month-end tasks
- To assist the Lead Finance Business Partners in the timely closure of month end, year-end, and audit related tasks
- To provide cover for other finance staff and carry out other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Experience of month end accounting and variance analysis
- Experience in reviewing and compiling key financial information
- Financial modelling experience is desirable but not required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent commucation skills with the interpersonal skills required to build relationships across the business
- Part way through ACA/ACCA/CIMA