Many roles at LCS may require that we ask about your COVID-19 vaccination status. Please note that this role will be required to provide proof of COVID-19
The Finance Analyst is responsible for financial oversight of communities as assigned, with emphasis on budgeting, reporting, forecasting, analysis and benchmarking. Analyst will partner with community accounting staff and operations leadership to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, analyze community performance, aid in business decision support, and provide other training and support as needed. Analyst must be capable of managing and prioritizing individual workload to ensure delivery of appropriate information regarding clients' needs, issues, recommendations, and opportunities by relevant date. Analyst vs. Senior Analyst is determined based on skill set and experience.Experience is Everything:
At LCS, experience is everything. We provide you the opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, growing organization that makes a positive difference in the lives of the seniors we serve. If you are seeking an organization that gives back, you'll love working here. Our principles and hospitality promise define our company culture. LCS employees can be found participating in volunteer activities, getting involved in our committees or collaborating with team members in our innovative workspace. You'll find several opportunities to grow as a professional, serve the community, and enhance the lives of the seniors.The Role:
- Prepares analysis, comparisons and forecasts
- Analyzes financial results and operating impact
- Prepares comparisons of financial results across periods and/or between communities
- Prepares and monitors financial information for statutory or regulatory filings
- Prepares financial budgets, projections or comparisons as requested for new projects
- Leads and directs monthly forecasting of future results with the operations team
- Utilizes benchmarking and comparisons to evaluate community performance
- Participates in the community budgeting process, including review and analysis of assumptions and budgeted results, and completion of a multi-year cash flow
- Supports operations in all accounting and finance functions to aid in business decisions of assigned communities
- Oversight and participation in community financial reporting and internal controls to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Provides accounting and system guidance to accounting staff
- Reviews balance sheet reconciliations for completeness, reasonableness and accuracy
- Prepares calculations for entrance fee amortization, future service obligation and deferred cost amortization, if applicable.
- Assists with the audit planning, preparation and response to auditor's questions and recommendations
- Researches and evaluates accounting implications of unusual transactions, as needed
- Leads or assists, as appropriate, with the onboarding of new clients
- Functions as interim accounting director, as needed
- Travels to the community to provide accounting and financial assistance and support as needed
- Reviews the monthly financial statements prepared by the field or corporate staff accountants
- Monitors the A/R Aging report and works with the community to develop an action plan to reduce A/R balances to meet LCS benchmarks
- Participates in hiring and training of on-site accounting directors and staff, when applicable
- Performs operational audit of on-site accounting functions to ensure proper internal controls and procedures are in place; recommends improvements as needed
- Provides feedback to community leadership regarding the status of the on-site accounting staff
- Assists community leadership with preparing presentations to Board and Owners, as requested
- Utilizes various financial models to assist with pro forma cash flows, pricing analysis, cash reserve adequacy studies, and other needs
- Supports financing/refinancing activities and related feasibility studies
- Contributes as an active member to the Community Finance team
- Performs as a department team member by assisting co-workers with overloads as time permits, training new co-workers, and contributing to team projects
- Assists with policy and procedure and best practice documentation
- Trains LCS and community employees on financial systems and other financial topics
- Assists with the design, development, and roll-out of new or enhanced financial systems including updates to instructions, enhancements to models and testing changes
- Updates and/or creates Community Finance models and reporting tools
- Presents at conferences and trainings
- Completes special projects, as requested or assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Four year degree in accounting/finance and minimum two years of related experience.
- Familiarity with CCRC and/or long-term care industries preferred.
Why LCS? Industry leader.
- Flexible and able to handle changing priorities and interruptions
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people including field personnel, auditors, and all levels of LCS personnel
- Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to solve accounting problems of medium difficulty
- Working knowledge of accounting systems (Accounts Payable, Payroll, Billing, General Ledger)
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Solid understanding of customer service principles, and the ability to apply them.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Use of proper grammar, content, and identified standards/format.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, prioritize work schedules, and complete tasks by desired due dates.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with willingness to work additional hours as needed to meet organizational deadlines.
The Nation's second-largest senior living operator, ranked number one in customer satisfaction among senior living communities. Competitive pay, great benefits and vacation time.
We are an equal opportunity employer with benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company match.Collaborative culture.
We're dedicated to creating a collaborative culture that provides an exceptional experience for every employee. Charity and community involvement.
We are recognized as a national team for the Alzheimer's Association and consistently a top contributor to United Way. We also support our employee's individual community contributions and provide opportunities to get involved at our corporate locations and in our communities.Outstanding advancement opportunities.
LCS is growing and we think you should too. Our company growth allows for internal growth opportunities across all of our business lines.Ongoing career development.
Onsite education opportunities, education assistance, and continuing education credits allow LCS employees to keep their knowledge of current industry changes relevant.Top Iowa Workplace.
LCS employees truly believe we are an employer choice. This recognition is in large part due to the culture of excellence that our employees help deliver every single day.
LCS creates living experiences that enhance the lives of seniors. You'll see this commitment in our people. They're talented, dedicated professionals who truly care about residents, with each conducting his or her work with integrity, honesty and transparency according to the principles of LCS. We strive to help every community succeed-strengthening available resources, establishing proven practices that lead to long-term growth and creating lasting value for those living in, working for and affiliated with the community. Check us out on our website: Travel Frequency:
11-25%Job Level: B
A POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK, INCLUDING REFERENCES, IS REQUIRED
LCS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER