This growing energy and project management consultancy provide a range of services to corporate clients, utilities service providers, real estate owners , commercial property agents, local authorities and large land owners. Their services broadly help organisations, developers and property owners to facilitate them making their assets more energy efficient.
The organisations Engineering teams services include: Feasibility studies, Building Surveying, Design Management, Project Planning ,Project Management, Stakeholder Management and Consultancy. Projects can include, but not be limited to; Surveying established property assets, providing advice to making property portfolios carbon neutral & project managing subsequent upgrade works.
As a result of a significant growth in demand for the company's services they are looking to recruit a Lead Energy Engineer to provide support to the Engineering Director.
Based out of an office in London and on client sites, as Lead Energy Engineer your duties will include, but not be limited to :
- Collecting and transferring energy consumption data onto management software and performing detailed analysis
- Undertaking the detailed Surveying of buildings to identify energy efficiency opportunities
- Preparing energy audit/review reports/ and recommendations
- Performing building analysis using simulation software
- Developing conceptual Mechanical Services designs
- Creating de-carbonisation plans for existing buildings
- Preparing GHG emissions reports
- Performing feasibility studies for renewable power and heat generation
- Creating financial models for building services upgrade projects
- Developing detailed Mechanical Services Designs
- Overseeing building services upgrade & refurbishment projects, requiring construction site attendance
- Mentoring and supporting more junior energy efficiency engineers
- Assisting the delivery of ESOS assessments
- Conducting Non-Domestic EPC's up to Level 5 -
- Using hydraulic simulation software
- Using AutoCAD 2D and 3D to develop designs and make design changes
A varied role the company requires a candidate who can demonstrate versatility and creativity to help manage the decarbonisation of buildings.
The role will be challenging and rewarding, and the successful candidate will be given exposure to all areas of Net Zero planning in real estate.
The role will be split between the company offices in Euston and on client sites. .
The successful candidate will have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services or similar.
They will be able to demonstrate experience of developing mechanical building services designs and undertaking surveys of Mechanical & Electrical Building services. They will also be able to demonstrate experience of overseeing and coordinating M&E Building Services Projects
With strong written and verbal communication skills the individual will be able to work as part of a team and individually.
The candidate will have experience of using AUTO CAD and will have strong MS Office including Excel skills.
The ability to manage and motivate a team would also be useful, although not essential .
In return the candidate will benefit from a basic salary ranging from £60k-£85k (DOE) basic plus 25 Days Annual Leave and Pension. They will also benefit from ongoing training and development, combined with the opportunity to progress in line with company growth .