A client of mine are looking to recruit a production manager within out contracts electronics manufacturing facility in Birmingham serving a wide range of customers.
The role will be reportable to the general manager on Site and will entail driving productivity, and quality through the organisation to ensure we meet the customers expectations.
the ideal candidate will have worked in this sector previously and within a similar role.
The roles main responsibilities are indicated below.
1. Direct and control all production, supervisory and distribution employees to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
2. Ensure that finished goods of the required standard are available to customers at the right times. Reduce material cost where possible removing waste generation
3.. Implement and drive an H&S culture within the organisation ensuring all risk assessments and actions are completed in a timely manner. This will include effective communication, training, focusing on prevention through effective safe systems of work (inclusive of lone working and permits to work).
4. In conjunction with Group resource implement and drive continuous improvement initiatives, principles and techniques throughout the organisation.
5. Ensure that customer satisfaction improves with a focus on OTIF (without deterioration in quality offering).
6. Ensure that a RFT culture exists within the working with the quality leader and quality engineer.
7. Drive the implementation of the production systems and process including SQCDP boards, sunrise and MPS meetings and participate in the contract review process.
8. Ensure all machine and vehicle maintenance checks are carried out in accordance with set schedules.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 considerations:Regular monitoring of Covid conformance in the workplace
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.