The UK's trusted Ministry of Defence partner, MBDA, is looking for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer working with other engineers with a collective wealth of experience across various technologies and products. The successful candidate would work collaboratively to support the team, ensuring improvement opportunities and best practices at the Stevenage site.
As an Electronic Design Engineer, you'll be part of a friendly and supportive team. You will play a vital role in ensuring the team integrate knowledge with previous talent.
What you'll get to do as an Electronic Design Engineer:
- Responsible for developing cutting-edge electronic solutions for weapon systems.
- Managing onboard missile sub-systems and Land, Sea, and Air based Firing Units.
- Responsible for the quality and performance of the electronic solution and provided cost and schedule updates to a project manager.
- Champion Record in electronic design capability throughout the product life cycle, i.e., early concept through to production.
- Implement technical solutions across the Power and Analogue Electronics sphere of expertise and be at both sub-system and board levels.
- Liaise with other domains, e.g., Software, Firmware, Mechanical, Environmental, EMC etc., to ensure your designs perform in all respects to the requirements placed upon you.
- Deliver world-class missile solutions to our customers.
What we're looking for:
- Ideally, a degree qualified with significant post qualification experience in Electronic Design, development, and delivery.
- Demonstrate the capability to lead significant electronic design work packages.
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team with the awareness and understanding of the challenges this may bring.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and knowledge of various electronic technologies and products.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- You must be a UK national or citizen to be eligible for the role.
More about the role:
MBDA's relationship with the UK military spans back over 70 years. They have delivered countless landmarks in defence engineering, supplying vital defence capability to meet the needs of the armed forces over land, sea, and air.
This role is based at MBDA's headquarters in Stevenage which plays a key part in missiles operations. The site also offers excellent transportation links and boasts an onsite gym and coffee shop. Training and development are offered to all employees.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.