Based in Surbiton, my client is looking to recruit Early Years Practitioners, with a minimum of 6 months free accommodation living in their shared home, to work at their well-established and reputable nursery.
This role is a great opportunity for candidates wanting to experience working and living in London, with all rent and bills paid for 6 months, and the nursery within walking distance from the property.
The property itself will be shared accommodation with other nursery professionals from the same company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide indoor and outdoor play experiences for the children in line with the policies of the Nursery and the guidelines of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To participate in activity planning and implementation under the supervision and direction of the Lead Practitioner.
- To help monitor the all-round development of the children through the key person system, regular observations and record keeping.
- To help maintain the safety, security, physical and emotional welfare of the children in the Nursery and garden environments.
- To bring to the immediate attention of the Lead Practitioner and/or Manager, any incidents or accidents.
- To arrange for any individual to receive immediate first-aid and informing the Manager as appropriate.
- To work positively with team members.
- To act in the interests of your own safety & the safety of others at all times
- To attend training sessions and staff meetings as necessary.
- To support, supervise and assist all students in the Nursery, giving practical help and advice with assessments.
- To inform the Manager if staffing levels are not met because of an emergency.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of current childcare issues, legislation and practices.
- Anything else reasonably requested by the management of the organisation
Person Specification & Key Competencies
- Level 2 or 3 qualification in childcare
- Previous childcare experience
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children.
- Basic Knowledge of health and safety
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding good practice
- A minimum of 6 months free accommodation, all rent and bills included.
- Walking distance to the nursery setting
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance, including paid Christmas shut down.
- 'Wellbeing Day' - a paid day off to focus on your health and wellbeing
- Heavily discounted childcare at our nurseries.
- Ongoing professional development, training and promotional opportunities.
- Recognition point scheme (gaining points to spend in high street shops.)
- Pension Scheme
- Complimentary uniform
- Staff referral scheme
- Discounted dentistry/private healthcare
- Award ceremonies including all-inclusive paid meals
Salary: £22,500 - £28,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week
Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.15am to 6.15pm
Our aim is to contact all successful applications within 5 days of receiving your application. Should you not of heard within 5 days, please feel free to contact us to confirm that your application has been received.