Double Mitre Saw Operator (Sawman/woman)
This is an excellent opportunity for a Sawman/woman to join our team. This role will be based out of our Tamworth factory.Reporting into the Factory Supervisor and Production Manager, the successful candidate will have good fabrication knowledge within the architectural glazing industry (the manufacture of aluminium windows, doors, and curtain wall screens), as well as having experience and knowledge in the use of production machinery, saws, and general fabrication tools.You will be responsible for all aspects of cutting, referencing, and processing of aluminium extruded profiles for the manufacture of doors, windows, and curtain wall, in line with the production schedule. You will need to adopt a flexible approach to all tasks within the department, and work overtime where required to ensure that the business fulfils its obligations. As a fully skilled saw operator you should be able to work with minimal supervision, but also be an excellent team player.Responsibilities and Duties
Knowledge & Experience
- Operating a double mitre saw to high quality, numerically accurate and safe standards.
- Complete daily calibration of saw.
- Exact and precise cutting of Aluminium extruded profiles (doors, windows, curtain wall)
- Accurately measure and check all cut profiles to optimizing schedules.
- Work to cutting schedules in line with targets and deadlines.
- Accurately and numerically reference all cut profiles per project.
- Complete all necessary factory quality control data sheets and batch reference sign offs.
- Ensure pre-use maintenance and machinery checks are performed daily, and reporting all maintenance issues to your line manager
- Use of production machinery e.g. punch tools, mitre saw, copy router, pillar drill
- Comply with all Alucraft Systems HSE Policies and procedures.
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Use of double mitre saw and other associated cutting milling machines.
- Profile and bar identification.
- Read, understand, and follow fabrication drawings and technical data/cutting schedules.
- Read, understand, and follow system fabrication and assembly manuals.
- Follow and work to engineering and CAD drawings.
- Health and Safety focused.
- Be able to prioritize and organize work efficiently and effectively.
- Be driven to achieve personal and team objectives.
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude.
- Relevant system experience (Schuco, Reynaers, Seniors, Metal Technology, Smarts, Wicona)
- Opportunity to work for fast growing facades business, and to make your mark.
- We work from 8am - 5pm Monday to Thursday AND an early finish on a Friday
- Competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday which goes up to 25 days with service, plus bank holidays
- An extra day of annual leave for your birthday!
- Career Development opportunities
- Wellbeing support through our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Insurance at three times your basic salary