Andaz Maui at Wailea is the first resort for the Andaz brand. Situated on Maui's premier southwestern coastline, the 15-acre beachfront resort is located along Mokapu Beach in Wailea, one of the most sought after leisure and resort destinations in the world. The luxury resort community of Wailea includes a 1.2 mile-long oceanfront beach path connecting five crescent-shaped, golden-sand beaches, a premier shopping center and distinguished restaurants.
Hyatt has redefined the hotel experience that reflects the Hindi meaning of "Andaz, personal style". Local inspirations, simplified luxuries, uncompromised service and leading edge design all create the Andaz concept which is growing worldwide.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for oversight of the marketing and public relations activities of the hotel. This position is responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the hotel's image and position within the marketplace. Additional responsibilities include hiring of staff, training, managing and coaching sales managers in their selling process. Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and able to train and monitor the process of sending referrals, setting traces and profiling accounts. This position will direct the sales and marketing initiatives throughout the year working closely with the hotel's Director of Commercial Strategy.
- Community involvement (CCTB, Chamber, other related organizations).
- Navigating the sales team through the future. Identifying the challenges in each year throughout the booking cycle and developing a plan with tactics to address the issues.
- The marketing of the hotel from a local and corporate perspective. All marketing/public relations related issues go through the DOM.
- Facilitate articulation of hotel's desired image and position.
- Ensure consistent communication of image and position throughout the hotel, and communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all hotel publications .
- Coordinate media interest and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the hotel's representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc., and insure all corporate branding strategies are met.
- Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan for the hotel.
- Plan and administer the hotel's Marketing Operations budget; support development of regional marketing budgets.
- Organize and implement client relations activities.
- Oversee firm's electronic marketing efforts including supervision of Web site design and maintenance.
- Generate top line revenue for the hotel through Marketing and marketing efforts.
- Network, prospect, and follow-up on all Marketing leads.
- On-site Marketing presentations to prospective customers.
- Attend and lead hotel Marketing meetings.
- Participate in Revenue Management and Pricing Strategies.
- Maintain Marketing awareness throughout property.
- Maintain communications with Corporate Office.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.