We are recruiting for a creative individual to manage and cultivate the development strategies for Royal & Derngate, Northampton.As the organisation approaches its 40th anniversary, this will increase fundraising opportunities and enable the post-holder to grow and develop the role.We are looking for a confident candidate with proven success in forming relationships whilst helping to underpin the financial sustainability for our exciting and ambitious artistic plans.The successful candidate for this Development Manager role should have the ability to convey a compelling case to tailor proposals to all manner of stakeholders. Job Purpose
Key Task Areas
- To develop, co-ordinate, and manage development strategies.
- To ensure continuity of the current funding pipeline to support the ongoing artistic ambitions, education, and arts development programme.
- To oversee cultivation, stewardship, campaign planning, and budget management.
- To work in conjunction with the Director of Marketing, Sales, and Development, to develop a fundraising strategy incorporating the organisations pending 40th anniversary.
- Communicate the strategy and campaigns to the strategic management team, staff, and funding partners.
- Generate increased income from existing sources and identify potential funding opportunities.
- To manage the corporate membership scheme, including proactively recruiting new members, relationship management, organising and hosting informal networking opportunities, and managing and hosting all hospitality events
- Initiate and manage the raising of funds from corporate sector donors, Business Club members, media partners, and individual donors.
- Prepare and execute fundraising campaign plans including budget setting, priority setting, timescales, risk/reward analysis, and monitoring and evaluation procedures.
- Work with the marketing department to maximise audience loyalty and membership schemes.
- To develop initiatives to support Royal & Derngate to expand and diversify its donor profile and its audiences
- Overall responsibility for setting up and maintenance of the fundraising and research database.
- Identify and cost resources required to implement fundraising campaigns including technical support, staffing, other equipment, and facilities.
- To ensure open lines of communication within the department and with other key internal stakeholders (SMT, Marketing, Sales, Arts, Finance, IT) in order for colleagues to have a clear understanding of fundraising activity and its importance to the organisation.
- To prepare reports for senior management and stakeholders, including funders as required
- To ensure a companywide culture of advocacy is managed and communicated to all staff and volunteers associated with fundraising activities.For a full job description please see our website (large print and audio available).
- Complimentary tickets available on selected shows throughout the year
- 10% discount at our bars and theatre shop
- Employee Assistance Programme - Health Assured
- Contributory staff pension - 5% employee and 3% employer
- Demonstrable track record of raising significant funds from various sources
- Proven experience in a charitable environment
- Ability to embed a strong case for support and to tailor proposals and asks to the interests of the prospect/donor
- Experience of cultivating and stewarding relationships with individuals and/or corporate sponsors
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Understanding of, and commitment to live performance
- A demonstrable commitment to developing a career in fundraising
- Understanding of donation management, and administration and Gift Aid
- An aptitude for using systems to manage, monitor, and evaluate data
- An interest in the arts, particularly live performance and film
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent personal organisation and time-management skills
- Competent computer skills including Word, Excel, and pipeline management
- Experience of working in theatre or the arts
- Experience of Capital fundraising
Closing Date: Friday 30th September 2022 (Interviews may be held prior to the closing date, early applications are encouraged).How To Apply
- A demonstrable understanding of the region's business community
Please submit a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) stating your relevant experience, knowledge, and skills for the role along with your CV.
For further information about Royal & Derngate and the role, please see our website. About Company
Royal & Derngate Northampton is the main venue for arts and entertainment in Northamptonshire and one of the major regional producing theatres in the country, with its acclaimed Made in Northampton work touring nationally and internationally.