Would you like to help us make the world a safer place, people protecting people?
Hi, we're Securitas, we guard and protect things, right now somewhere around the world someone's most important assets are being monitored and protected by our Security Teams. From maintaining a safe environment for fans at Wembley Stadium or monitoring CCTV for savers cash at a global Bank, through to guarding the real estate and construction workforce for one of the UK's largest Rail infrastructure projects, our Security Officers play an integral role in making people feel safe.
How you will make an impact as a Security Controller:
- To provide a security audit program for PMM, produce reports on security audits, spot checks, musters and recommendations for further action as necessary.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of company systems, procedures and their application.
- Ensure integrity of Building Access Control System whilst maintaining and ensuring.
- information is maintained and kept up to date.
- Good communication in a timely manner.
- To maintain excellent customer relationships.
- Effectively manage the day-to-day activities of your team and act as line manager.
- Lead by example at all time.
- Good presentation skills to support and facilitate management decision-making.
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Drive and tenacity to deliver results
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ensure communication is open, honest and effective, whilst ensuring the confidentiality of commercial, customer and personnel sensitive information.
- Maintain the integrity and operation of the SISYS Security Database system and act as a "super user".
- Attend regular Security team meetings to review progress, relationships, and policies and ensure information is flowed up and down within the trams.
- Manage time and effort effectively for the role and responsibilities and work with line managers to identify priorities.
- Review own achievement against objectives on a regular basis.
- Participate and support change through communications and undertaking actions within agreed time scales
- Suggest and identify improvements in the current levels of service in an effective way.
- Investigate incidents and review with line managers when required.
- Discuss areas of concern regarding security procedures with Line Manager.Customer/Stakeholder Management:
- Maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external customers and stakeholders based on good partnering principles.
What you will bring to be a Security Controller:
- Previous experience gained with 3 years experiece in similar role
- You will hold a current SIA Front Door License or be willing to complete the necessary training to acquire professional accreditation.
- Applicants will possess excellent customer service skills
- Applicants will have good communication skills, able to articulate with authority
- You must be able to remain calm and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- You will be vigilant and alert, able to use caution and apply an inquisitive mindset to your duties.
- All applicants must hold a clear 5-year checkable employment history
- Must be able to obtain DV clearance
- Due to the nature of our client's industry sector applicants must meet strict UK right to work criteria.
- PC Literate with knowledge of relevant word processing, spreadsheet and other relevant software.
- You will be required to work Mon - Fri (Early shift , back shift , ) on a 2 week rotation.
- Paid Annual holiday
- Company Pension and Life Assurance Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Wellness advice and support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Car lease and new car purchasing schemes
- Employee discounts and cashback savings across hundreds of your favourite high street brands, online shopping, holidays, and days out.
- City & Guilds accredited training program for professional and personal development
Our values are the foundation of our operations and the corporate culture is built on these values that help to shape a long-term, financially successful enterprise by creating value for customers, employees, and shareholders. They are summarized in three words: Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness.
With our roots dating back to 1934, Securitas is one of the largest security service organizations in the world, we have around 150,000 clients, of which 150 are globally listed companies. We specialize in protecting corporate organizations, small to medium-sized businesses, and the public so a successful applicant will join an industry leader with over 370,000 employees, of which 9,500 are in the UK. Securitas is encouraging and empowering Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace and has been recognised with both UK SuperBrand and UK Top Employer awards for 2019. We are a company where you can develop your Security career, with access to training and the ability to gain professionally recognised qualifications so you can grow in confidence and take on more responsibility.
Join the Securitas Team today!