We are AMS, a global total workforce solutions firm enabling organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim solutions and temporary resources.
Our client, Deutsche Bank, is a global banking business with strong roots in Germany and operations in over 70 countries. Their large but focused footprint gives them an established position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank offer their clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services.
On behalf of Deutsche Bank, AMS are now looking for a Data Governance Specialist to work in their Data Steward transaction monitoring team based in London for an initial 6 month contract on a PAYE basis.
The Data Governance Specialist is responsible for governing the execution of the data strategy and coordinating with the business divisions and/or infrastructure functions in executing their responsibilities in improving the quality of the data and any data quality remediation actions. The Data Governance Specialist ensures that the banks data quality framework and/or the data quality frameworks within their domain are operational within the business divisions and/or infrastructure functions.
Data Quality Assessment & DQ Issue Analysis
- As part of the Global Transaction Monitoring Data Steward Function, manage the DQ assessment against requirements for Transaction Monitoring (TM) Modelling teams globally
- Including the analysis of DQ issues impacting TM Modelling
- Perform analysis of DQ issues raised by TM Modelling to determine root cause / upstream source and work with data providers, Technology, and issue raiser to agree solution design
Data Quality Management Framework
- As part of the Data project support the DQ Management framework
- Support the delivery of new / updated Data Quality rules & product refinements using an agile (Scrum) methodology
- Work with IT, TM & CAO colleagues to build business data quality rules and dashboards
Data Quality Standards & Controls
- Engaging with TM colleagues, Data Stewards & Process Owners to establish data quality requirements linked to business outcomes
- Drive front to back view of data quality via use of data lineage (Flows) and meta-data tools (e.g. Collibra)
- Exception & Data Quality KPI monitoring & reporting
- Drive cultural change with business data owners and CAO to support RTB ownership of Data Quality
- Support business in transition from project to RTB operating model
- Provide ongoing support on key data related topics
- Maintain the quality of TM captured meta-data in data tools (Collibra, Waltz)
- Develop Data Analytic capability to profile data, analyse patterns and root cause of issues efficiently
- Drive efficiency's in DQ issues management working towards a largely automated issue management process
- Provide Data Domain Owners and stewards with useful data insights and analytic support
- Capability to provide fast effective root cause analysis and offer effective remediation solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong data management experience
- Investment banking experience preferred
- MI reporting experience
- Change or project experience
Deutsche Bank's Values:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by AMS based on site at Deutsche Bank
AMS's payroll service is in partnership with Giant, we have worked with them for many years and have good processes in place to ensure you get the best service. If you are successful in your application for this role, your contract will be via Giant. For more information on Giant.