Data Engineer - Manager
Are you passionate about data and looking to really make a difference by working for the UK's biggest children's charity? They are on a mission to ensure that no child feels lonely by helping families foster/adopt children and supporting vulnerable children to stop abuse.The Data Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Line manage and support a team of data engineers to ensure continuous professional development.
- Lead end-to-end data and reporting solutions to meet user needs using Microsoft Azure data technologies (Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Azure Synapse Analytics).
- Develop and manage relationships with third party data engineering providers.
- Collaborate as an active member of the Data and Insight Senior Management Team to problem solve and prioritise competing data engineering demands across data governance, architecture, reporting, analytics, and the release of data products.
Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of how to transform data using a scripting language
- Hands on SQL experience
- Experienced within ETL process development using Spark, Airflow, Flink or AWS Glue
- Cloud experience such as Azure and AWS
- Highly proficient in Data Modelling
- Experienced working with big data
A successful candidate can expect a salary between £65,000 and £75,000 (dependant on experience), as well as an excellent benefits package.Apply NOW
if you are an ambitious Data Engineer who is looking for a challenging role where you can make a real impact and progress through the organization!If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.