Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VET Location:
Florida, Weston (FLL)
The Credit Analyst will analyze and assess up to date credit data and financial information to determine the credit worthiness for all new and existing customers in order to minimize credit risk and maximize collection effort within the credit & collections area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and assess updated customer D&B credit reports, bank statements, credit references and financial statements or tax returns and payment history in order to determine customer's overall credit worthiness.
- Act as primary signatory to approve or deny credit limits up to $50K based on customer's overall financial condition, credit ratings and payment history, beyond preapproved 1K matrix limit.
- Assist with preparing daily reports and communication pertaining to any adjustments to customer's credit limits, credit hold status or payment terms internally or externally.
- Handle inquiries regarding credit hold internally and externally
- Make prompt decisions regarding credit hold releases.
- Make recommendations to the Credit Supervisor and/or the Credit & Collections Manager regarding credit limit adjustments above $50K and on any exceptions to policy pertaining to credit limits or extended payment term requests.
- Provide guidance to the Collection Specialists regarding past due scenarios and whether or not to enforce credit hold per policy
- Compile reports and information including customer financial statements, credit reports, bank statements and various customer credit related data from either the customer, the internet or any third party platforms.
- Minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. in accounting or any finance related area and 2-5 years of related work experience
- Experience with large scale ERP program (SAP R/3 preferred)
- Strong analytical skills - gathering, interpreting and reporting of results.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Well organized, self-motivated and works independently.
- High level of interpersonal skills required to interact with business and operations staff.
- Experience with multi-company/division/department reporting.
- Extremely organized with strong sense of priority, urgency and commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and communicate priorities
- Regular sitting at work station for 75 - 100% of the work shift